zma0101

soni varghese

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Dil Garden Garden ho gaya !
Party Confirmation se bhi !
Aur Fact se bhi !
Sone pe Suhaga !

You both are equal conspirator in this crime !

zma0101

soni varghese
So, I received the owner’s manual today during my 1st service

Some of the finer details on Dominar is as follows

RUNNING PERIOD: - 2000KMS AND MENTION THE RECOMMENED SPEEDS LIMITS

Untitled.jpg

So, basically this means you should not exceed 4,000 RPM till 1000 kms and 5000RPM is the limit for the next 1000. It does help. My service mechanic could make out the differnce of my exhaust note and the ones he serviced earlier and asked the question .. if I took it beyond the adviced RPM limt.. though I feel one should take the bike once or twice to 5-6 rpm within the 1st 500kms.. and should never be on a constant speed.. in any case in Delhi we cruise at a speed of "zero".. too much of traffic bhai .. too much

1.jpg

Last edited:

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
@zma Yes this shift down thing is really good and it works i tried it both ways. I have the manual all scaned as pdf but the size is 20mb. We both got bike on friday the 13th.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Service Cost 1234/-

Replaced:-
2.5ltr engine oil
oil filter

Please do spare half a day for the service. It's a long process to replace the engine oil. .
service cost 1234 nice intresting number and not much for engine capacity.
but buddy 2.5ltrs oil please check it should be 1500ml.

Last edited:

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Oh!!! that was a typo .. Correction made .. that a ton . :)
I guess you got it serviced at bagga karol bagh.
could you please tell which engine oil was used 10w50 or 20W50 . I came to know that service centres are using only 20w50 where as recommended is 10w50.
also was there an option for motul oil or not?

zma0101

soni varghese
I guess you got it serviced at bagga karol bagh.
could you please tell which engine oil was used 10w50 or 20W50 . I came to know that service centres are using only 20w50 where as recommended is 10w50.
also was there an option for motul oil or not?

That's right..did the service at bagga links. They used 10W50, which the company recommends. I didn’t check if they have the option of Motul or not.

Reactions: IJS

zma0101

soni varghese
THUD NOISE DURING GEAR SHIFT REDUCED

In my earlier comments, I had spoken about inconsistent gearshift smoothness. I have solved it finally; it has to do with the clutch tension. When you take the delivery of the bike the clutch will lever will feel hard. You need to increase the clutch play by 1mm. During my service the engineer had reduced it but it became too lose and it was became even more difficult for shift.

So, once I reached home I got the clutch setting right and today when I was riding it I felt really comfortable and the gear shifts became butter smooth and the THUD noise came down remarkably.

So I will suggest once to take the delivery check the play – It should not be hard and there should be a play before the clutch comes into play