J&K Tourism Bungalow, Rangdum (Suru Valley)

Hi Yogesh..... Im planning to vist Rangdum valley in june end as well as Shanko....can u pls provide me any recent updates of accommodation....booking numbers....and charges.and other useful information...I will be travelling alone.....pls help...

Admin01

Administrator
You can try contact district tourist officer at Kargil (01985 - 232721) and see if the booking can be done in advance, but I very much doubt that.

Tariff I believe had been hiked to Rs. 200 or 250 a night.

Thanks for the information....bt pls provide some more tips regarding Sankoo, panikhar...:confused:...Is there any problem in solo travelling....how much time it will take from Kargil to sankoo...wht about transport....Shall i get public transport or I need to hire car...wht r the charges....pls help.....

narender

DRIFTER
^^Kargil to Sankoo takes just one hour.It is 40 odd kms and roads are super smooth.
No problem in traveling solo.People are generally friendly.
There are shared taxi from Kargil to Sankoo and beyond,you can travel in those taxi or hire one for yourself.

ripanchy

Anyone have the latest rate for 2 days Kargil-Rangdum-Kargil taxi rate?
we are 2 friends planning the trip on july 1st week.

rkbharat

Guru
Any updates regarding Rangdum accommodation ?

How long it takes to reach Rangdum from Sankoo ?
What updates you are looking for?

Rangdum have three options to stay
1 : JK Tourist Bunglow - Common Toilet - clean rooms - around 600 to 800 Rs per night - food is just fine, cooked by care taker
2 : Home Stay - good options - cheap - local food - might have little smell - 400-500 Rs
3 : Luxury tents - near the base of Rangdum Monastery - very costly - just fine - arrogant caretaker/owner - more interested in foreigners - 2500 to 3000 Rs per night per tent

Sankoo to Panikhar - 1 hours (may be 40 minutes as well)
Panikhar to Parkachik - 45 mins
Panikhar to Rangdum - 1.5 hours

Add your stop times into above

sabyasachi

wanderer
What updates you are looking for?

Rangdum have three options to stay
1 : JK Tourist Bunglow - Common Toilet - clean rooms - around 600 to 800 Rs per night - food is just fine, cooked by care taker
2 : Home Stay - good options - cheap - local food - might have little smell - 400-500 Rs
3 : Luxury tents - near the base of Rangdum Monastery - very costly - just fine - arrogant caretaker/owner - more interested in foreigners - 2500 to 3000 Rs per night per tent

Sankoo to Panikhar - 1 hours (may be 40 minutes as well)
Panikhar to Parkachik - 45 mins
Panikhar to Rangdum - 1.5 hours

Add your stop times into above

Million thanks sirjee ! :)

Can you throw some light as well for accommodation around Sankoo / Panikhar / Parkachik ?

Moreover... how they can be booked ? Direct approach or via Kargil tourism office ?