Jaipur: beginning of a new era

Discussion in 'Travelogues from West India' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

This was my first long ride and it was also my first solo ride outside Delhi.

On 8th February 2004 I was sitting at home a bit frustrated from work and I decided it was time to relax and what better way then riding my beloved motorcycle. So off I went on the NH-8, most of the time I was cruising at 90 with short bursts to 120kmph.

It feels funny now that the 250 odd kms that I had to cover to reach Jaipur were a monumental task for me at that time and I was taking frequent breaks. Despite all this I was able to complete the round trip to Jaipur in 7 and a half hours and when I came back I had no energy left, yet I knew I had discovered a new passion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. devashishdhingra

devashishdhingra Active Member

New Delhi (However my heart is still in Leh since
    Yogesh Bhai, lagta hai gaye or aa gaye...Jaipur andar se bhi ghum lete!!!Mast Jagah hai.

3. hiambuj

hiambuj Moderator Staff Member

You dug out a 2006 photolog !! :grin:

4. Yogesh Sarkar

Yes, didn't even went inside the border. I was just building stamina for long rides at that point.

Actually the travelogue is of a ride which happened in February 2004!

5. anupmathur

anupmathur Super Moderator Staff Member

:shock: Underage riders!!

6. joie de vivre

joie de vivre Guru

:razz::lol:

7. Yogesh Sarkar

Didn't knew that being 21 is still underage for riding :D

in retrospect yes, but at that time riding for an hour more was a real pain in the rear.

8. KurtRules

KurtRules Come as you are!

So true, I quite clearly remember that during the initial riding days, we stopped after every half hour for butt-breaks and was reluctant against riding on! The first Chd-Shimla ride took 5.5 hours!:)

9. Yogesh Sarkar

I still do that today, but that is only because I have come to realize that as long as I set realistic targets i.e. Delhi - Manali etc., it doesn't really matters how many breaks I take, I will get there by nightfall, so why hurry?

10. KurtRules

KurtRules Come as you are!

It not about hurrying. Its not about setting targets as well. its just that as one continues to ride, over a period of time there is a certain increase in the endurace levels. Like you mentioned "building stamina" .The every half hour butt-breaks are replaced with every 2 hour butt-breaks as the body gets accustomed gradually and we just dont feel the need to stop.

Add on to it, there is more enjoyment unlike years before where the tendancy was "Bas yaar, bahut aa gaye, vaapis chalte hain" :) .. There is more eagerness, less back/butt pain and energy drains.

... This, and multiple other factors contribute to the fact that what used to take 5.5 hours, now takes lesser time :)