pushkark

I am planning a trip to Jaipur, Rajasthan from 17th to 20th august 2016
I would be arriving on 17th afternoon by flight and going back by evening flight on 20th

I am traveling with kids so would like to have a relaxed schedule for 3 days.
Please help me with the itinerary for 3 days sight seeing.

I have listed down following places:
CITY PALACE, JANTAR MANTAR, HAWA MAHAL, ALBERT HALL,

JALMAHAL, JAIGARH FORT,
AMER FORT, NAHARGARH FORT,

CENTRAL MUSEUM, BIRLA PLANETARIUM

Please suggest....

The places to be covered, good places for food, must to try food items.

Also importantly am looking for a car for 3 days. What are the best options to rent a car for 3 days including airport transfers and sight seeing? Where can I book it? and approx cost for the same.

Thanks a lot in advance.

nadz11.ns

Super User
@pushkark

Day 1 on reaching Jaipur during the day.
Go to Jaipur market (Bapu Bazar). Ladies love to shop there.
Visit Albert Hall, City Palace and Jantar Mantar. These are very near to each other.
Also for dinner, go to Choki Dhani. Awesome place to have authentic Rajasthani food and feel. I think the charge is ₹ 750 for entry per person.

Day 2 Visit Hawa Mahal -- Jal Mahal -- Jaigarh Fort -- Nahargarh Fort -- Amer fort.
This will take your whole day.
IMO, skip Jaigarh fort, there is nothing to see. Nahargarh Fort and Amer Fort are good. If possible, have an elephant ride.
Also, there is a musical show late in the evening at Amer Fort.

Day 3 Visit Birla mandir, Birla Planetarium, Central museum and get free by the evening.

BTW, where are you planning to stay?

pushkark

@pushkark

Day 1 on reaching Jaipur during the day.
Go to Jaipur market (Bapu Bazar). Ladies love to shop there.
Visit Albert Hall, City Palace and Jantar Mantar. These are very near to each other.
Also for dinner, go to Choki Dhani. Awesome place to have authentic Rajasthani food and feel. I think the charge is ₹ 750 for entry per person.

Day 2 Visit Hawa Mahal -- Jal Mahal -- Jaigarh Fort -- Nahargarh Fort -- Amer fort.
This will take your whole day.
IMO, skip Jaigarh fort, there is nothing to see. Nahargarh Fort and Amer Fort are good. If possible, have an elephant ride.
Also, there is a musical show late in the evening at Amer Fort.

Day 3 Visit Birla mandir, Birla Planetarium, Central museum and get free by the evening.

BTW, where are you planning to stay?
Thanks Nadeem. I am planning to stay at trident.

I was planning to visit Jaigarh fort for seeing the biggest cannon and the cannon factory.

Choki Dhani looks a bit far. any other suggestions for authentic rajasthani dinner?
Any suggestions for hiring a cab?

nadz11.ns

Super User
Thanks Nadeem. I am planning to stay at trident.

I was planning to visit Jaigarh fort for seeing the biggest cannon and the cannon factory.

Choki Dhani looks a bit far. any other suggestions for authentic rajasthani dinner?
Any suggestions for hiring a cab?
Okay. Trident is in Amer only in think.
Ya, Choki Dhani will be far from there. As for other places, I don't have much experience with other hotels/restaurants and neither for hiring cabs.

@DKay sir, share your thoughts.

DKay

Super User
You can either order Ola/Uber (easily available) or have a self drive option like Myles or hire a cab. For hiring a cab for 8 hrs/80 you will have to pay about Rs1500/-. We usually use Ganesham Tours and travels for our taxi requirements in Jaipur. You may want to call Mr. Kothari on 9414042334 and take my reference (Dhiraj Kapoor)

Regards

pushkark

You can either order Ola/Uber (easily available) or have a self drive option like Myles or hire a cab. For hiring a cab for 8 hrs/80 you will have to pay about Rs1500/-. We usually use Ganesham Tours and travels for our taxi requirements in Jaipur. You may want to call Mr. Kothari on 9414042334 and take my reference (Dhiraj Kapoor)

Regards

Thanks Sir. contacted Ganesham Tours and travels, they have quoted 12000/- for airport to airport. I feel the same are quite on higher side. What amount shall I negotiate for?

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
I think Ola cabs are now available on 8hrs/80KMs setup in most cities of their operations.
Do not drive yourself. Parking is still a nightmare like most cities.

When you're at Albert Hall Museum, don't miss the Zoo next to it.
Google for Pink Pepper Bus Service in Jaipur. You might love it!

Try Natural's fruit icecreams....
Visit Kanha Sweets, Rawat Mishthan Bhandar, Laxmi Mishthan Bhandar (better known as LMB) ...
Don't miss the famous Pyaaz Kachori, Mava Kachori, Mirchi Vada and Mishri Mava.... :D

If you can afford to pay a visit to Raj Mandir, do it.
Buy movie tickets, enjoy its Lobby, experience the movie hall and come out before the movie gets over. :)

AND, do not skip Chokhi Dhani from your itinerary until you have seen it before. It is an experience in itself.

DKay

Super User
Thanks Sir. contacted Ganesham Tours and travels, they have quoted 12000/- for airport to airport. I feel the same are quite on higher side. What amount shall I negotiate for?
I have no idea how on earth has the quote come to 12k for 4 days. What kind of car is he giving you? Also check with him how many hours a day can you keep the taxi with you (maybe he quoted for 12 hrs)

Ask him for a break up or cost wise quote for individual segments

1. Airport pick up and drop (mind you trident is about 20 kms from Airport so that might be extra)
2. Taxi (car c-segment) for 8 hrs/80 kms (within city limits)as mentioned is about Rs.1500/- (parking and toll extra)
3. Extra hrs is around Rs. 150/- per hour

regards

EDIT : Once you get the individual amount, I suggest you stick to 8 hrs and 80 kms and tell him that you will pay the extra per hour charges if you exceed 8 hrs

Last edited:

pushkark

I think Ola cabs are now available on 8hrs/80KMs setup in most cities of their operations.
Do not drive yourself. Parking is still a nightmare like most cities.

When you're at Albert Hall Museum, don't miss the Zoo next to it.
Google for Pink Pepper Bus Service in Jaipur. You might love it!

Try Natural's fruit icecreams....
Visit Kanha Sweets, Rawat Mishthan Bhandar, Laxmi Mishthan Bhandar (better known as LMB) ...
Don't miss the famous Pyaaz Kachori, Mava Kachori, Mirchi Vada and Mishri Mava.... :D

If you can afford to pay a visit to Raj Mandir, do it.
Buy movie tickets, enjoy its Lobby, experience the movie hall and come out before the movie gets over. :)

AND, do not skip Chokhi Dhani from your itinerary until you have seen it before. It is an experience in itself.
I have no idea how on earth has the quote come to 12k for 4 days. What kind of car is he giving you? Also check with him how many hours a day can you keep the taxi with you (maybe he quoted for 12 hrs)

Ask him for a break up or cost wise quote for individual segments

1. Airport pick up and drop (mind you trident is about 20 kms from Airport so that might be extra)
2. Taxi (car c-segment) for 8 hrs/80 kms (within city limits)as mentioned is about Rs.1500/- (parking and toll extra)
3. Extra hrs is around Rs. 150/- per hour

regards

EDIT : Once you get the individual amount, I suggest you stick to 8 hrs and 80 kms and tell him that you will pay the extra per hour charges if you exceed 8 hrs

have kept it mind. thanks for suggestion. The 8 hr/ 80kms option definitely looks better. thanks a lott