Jaipur to Mumbai?

drdivyank

Hello, I m planning to shift mumbai for 3 years for my furher studies. I want ur advice regarding which route is better via gujrat- vadora or indore- nashik? Also driving a RJ registered car in mumbai for 3 years will it be a problematic in relation with cops?

Theloststory

The route via Gujarat is faster. Though if you are planning to drive from Jaipur to Mumbai, it will take two days. In Gujarat avoid Ahmedabad route, take th Midas’s Godhra one. The road is better, more scenic and smoother plus less traffic.

The route via Indore - Nashik is more scenic. But takes slightly longer. Roads may be less smooth but not too much so.

The problem is NH48 in Rajasthan. It’s being redone, so every few hundred meters it’s dig up, under construction etc. Avoid NH48 in Rajasthan. Take the route via Tonk Bundi Neemuch.

I have driven this Jaipur to Mumbai many many times. Always regretted taking NH48.

drdivyank

Thank [email protected] loststory. After neemuch- mandsaur- baswada or udaipur one?? Also the Google maps says distance is around 1100kms. Isn't that drivable in a day? I hve done few 1000kms trip in a day.

Theloststory

Mandsaur onwards via Malegaon Nashik would be the natural choice.
The thing is NH48 all inside Rajasthan is dug up. So that covers Udaipur to Jaipur.
NH48 inside Gujarat is full for traffic. But Road is good.

I never drive after dark. So for me sunrise to sunset.
I normally drive Udaipur. Then next day Udaipur to Mumbai.
(It could be some other city but Udaipur, but we have friends in Udaipur so it makes sense).
1100 km in one day is difficult unless perhaps you are doing a 19-22 hour drive.
I like to take it a little easy and enjoy my drives. Plus this route has plenty of traffic and broken roads.