Jammed Clutch Plate Bolt.

photons

Hi all,
This is my first post to BCMTouring. I am in a odd fix and need your help.

My Royal En-field Standard 500 Clutch plate bolt is jammed and is over tight by a mechanic when it was previously changed. My current mechanic says if I put over pressure the rod will be damaged and then we have to open the entire engine to fix that - First of all is this true? I have no idea and I am all ears to your suggestions.

And also he says the bore has some odd noise coming once we open it we can re bore to a 535 ( hope I am heard him correctly ) rings and something to make it more powerful.

Also my Sprag clutch has be replaced three times already in 41000 km approx (my current distance covered ), does it have to do with my decompress-er being faulty that keep spoiling my Sprag clutch.

Current problems
Clutch plate worn out.
Sprag clutch faulty makes rattling noise when shelf is pressed and does not start.
Oil is less than a liter, Last service is 6.5 months before daily total commute is 30km.

Any suggestions inputs will help thanks.

I have attached images of the bolt that's jammed

Regards
Photons

794b35e0-1932-4e52-b4db-67d8ecc30e65.jpg

3306b712-1aea-4ced-bc17-f6e14543150e.jpg

60310421-ee4c-4361-aedd-f08bf0b72d20.jpg

Mandar_C500

Hi all,

And also he says the bore has some odd noise coming once we open it we can re bore to a 535 ( hope I am heard him correctly ) rings and something to make it more powerful.

Oil is less than a liter, Last service is 6.5 months before daily total commute is 30km.
I am not sure about the clutch bold (Jam) problem however, The existing block cannot be re-bored. What one can do it put the new lock piston set of 535 GT. for that you need to modify the engine casing. few of my friends have done it.

Regarding less oil, Its a sign of worn-out block piston (if there is no leak). You may need to change it.

Regards
Mandar