Jammu - Srinagar - Leh (Ladakh) - Manali - Chandigarh on Yamaha RX-135

Great travelogue ! Enjoyed every bit of it. It's like a novel /movie coming to an end. Very good narration with pictures. Quite informative too (esp the bike parcel booking).
Many congratulations to all of you. Next what Spiti circuit?

PrabhuG

Dear Prabhu, We are going on Ladakh trip this September. Bookings already done. I need some clarifications. I am also from Hosur. Is it possible for me to meet anyone of you in person to clear my doubts and I need some suggestions. Thankyou.
Sure Stallion. All the best for your trip. I will connect you with Rajaprabhu. Will send the contact details to you...

PrabhuG

Great travelogue ! Enjoyed every bit of it. It's like a novel /movie coming to an end. Very good narration with pictures. Quite informative too (esp the bike parcel booking).
Many congratulations to all of you. Next what Spiti circuit?
Thank you Prasad ! We don't have plan about our next trip yet. Will definitely share the experience if we make one..

PrabhuG

Though could not go for long drive on my RX for last 2 years, remembered that it is our second anniversary for our Ladakh trip today. We had planned for North East bike ride and had booked flight tickets for April 2020 but had to cancel it due to Covid-19.

Thought of sharing a lesson learnt for RX recently. I had taken the bike to nearby place for shopping and as soon as I reached the place, it started raining heavily. I parked the bike on the side stand in hurry and went to the shop. After about 30 minutes, once the rain stopped, I started back home but bike was not starting. Suspected petrol is drained as I had not taken the bike for long time and pushed the bike to nearby petrol bunk. But even after filling petrol, bike didn't start. Since it was late in the evening, pushed the bike back to home. Next day took it repair and observed that the carburettor is full of water. The mechanic cleaned it and bike was normal.

Bottom line : don't park the RX on side stand if it is raining. Water enters into carburettor through air filter on RH side.

By the way I got the second fitness certificate done (first one after 15 years and second one after 20 years) and validity is there for another 5 years !

IMG_20200611_183747.jpg