Jewels of Western Ghat

Pankaj Zarekar

Monsoon magic. Harishchandragad.

[video=youtube;S7LipsdXolA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7LipsdXolA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Pankaj Zarekar

Done Nalichi vaat 2 years back, it is always amazing. But not everyone's piece of cake. :p
Once you have mountain discipline anyone can do it. We did it in 11hrs for in first attempt (3hrs wasted in wrong climbing patch) and then 6hrs in second attempt.

parry2910

I am not able to locate the pic in my system of the Vinchhi Kaanta (Scorpion's Sting) view of the Lohgarh fort, amazing architecture that is..

Pankaj Zarekar

I am not able to locate the pic in my system of the Vinchhi Kaanta (Scorpion's Sting) view of the Lohgarh fort, amazing architecture that is..
Vinchu Kata is specimen of structure formed due to volcanic eruption and sudden cooling off. Much later it was fortified by Satwahan Kings and further strengthened in Shivaji's era. This was basically a guarding station of ancient trade routes connecting markets of Deccan plateau and coastal harbors.

Picture 135.jpg

Picture 140.jpg

BTW this thread is getting interesting day by day ! and having done more than 100 treks I can contribute at least 3-4 photos a day. All of us are welcome to join.

Last edited: