Journey to Sach Pass

arunkumar19

We reached Pathankot around 12 a.m then tank full our car at Reliance Pump near mamun road. It was really very good weather there as compare to ludhiana. Our plan was to cont driving till Bairagarh. We were having two person who can drive well in any terrain. Then we stop at Banikhet, I heard about basoli village (Atal Setu) and it was around 10 km from Banikhet so we thought we should go there now and then turn back to banikhet. When i asked from a tea stall about it, reaction was really surprisingly from that lady. (A lady and a man who runs tea stall in banikhet in night, the only shop you can see there open in midnight) She said "Itni raat ko wha pr kyun ja rhe ho wha pr is time bahut khatra hai, tum log sidha Bairagarh chle jayo". I never heard about this thing about Basholi but it was late night so dnt want to take any risk. After tea break we start to our main route. After bypass dalhousie road there was steep bend road to the Chamera dam. the bridge was broken there so route was diverted over the dam, where security personnel check our car and asked basic details. After that ride was really good along with Chamera Lake. (altitude of 763m from the surface of the sea) but view was really awesome. Its around 3 a.m we walked around the lake and saw a bus shelter there weather was really chilling. Parked our car there, We took our blanket, carpet to the shelter and sleep there for 3-4 hrs. After woke up we were feeling fresh from cont driving. Then we reached on boating point where you can do boat ride using speed boat. But it starts from 10 a.m. With cont our driving we reached bairagarh (a place from where Sach pass is around 40 km ay height of 14500 feet) 10 a.m. Here is one hotel Chamunda Hotel and Mannat home stay. Our plan was to use room for 2-3 hours for bath, some rest and breakfast. We asked Chamunda Hotel the guy asked for 1000 inr for it then we asked Mannat Home stay the guy asked 300 inr for room with hot water for our bath. It was really good deal so go there and we took out breakfast there. They made really good home food. Bairagarh is small village with few shops. Here you can also hire taxi for Sach pass. I was surprising to see Maruti Alto as a taxi there mostly were Bolero there. After our rest and breakfast we start our drive to sachpass around 1 p.m. It starts drizzling there after few kilometer there was police post named Satrundi where they write all details from us and also make video with their camera also they told us when we will come back from Sach pass then we need to confirm with them. They do it for security reasons. Also with this they maintain they logs so if there is any accident or missing then they can search about that. After that main journey starts from Jungle, mountain, snow, tough road. But it was really amazing. Chilled weather,
many sedans, hatbacks were going there. You can easily drive till sach pass but with very carefully. Even our car's belly also kiss few stones on road but it was very normal.
Now you can see our journey in below images and video.

Last edited:

arunkumar19

after spend some time at sach pass we start to bairagarh again and after our cont driving we reached around 9 pm near Chamba then checked in Chamba delight hotel. This place was about 25 km far away from Chamba. We wake up around 8 am in morning now our plan was to cover Khajiyar, Dalhousie, Basholi villgae then head to Ludhiana but our bad luck we stuck in Khajiyar - Dalhousie ling jam. It was Saturday but there was lot of rush due to holiday season. We stuck around 5 hours in Jam. We spent very little time in Khajiyar as it was full of tourist at that time. We did not stop in Dalhousie but it was dark now so we left the idea to visit Basholi and return back to Ludhians. We reached around 12 a.m in Ludhiana. But it was really amazing journey and we complete on time as we expected.

SJM1214

Nice courage of your trip. I, myself am an MSVB owner. I am planning to do Spiti (clubbed with Sach Pass). How did MSVB perform on slopes on mountains with five on board?

Last edited:

arunkumar19

Nice courage of your trip. I, myself am an MSVB owner. I am planning to do Spiti (clubbed with Sach Pass). How did MSVB perform on soloes on mountains with five on board?
It performs really well. We were 5 on board with luggage also. On 3 areas while climbing, there was ice, slush on road here it took some time to cross that. But its really done very well. Even we met with few people who were doing complete circuit sach pass, spiti in Maruti swift, Etios. So you dnt worry it will be cross easily. On few places take care about ground clearance.