Julley Ladakh !...Trip by gang of 18 in late August/early September 2019

ypk_123

Fernweh...
Wondering how to post short videos(30 secs or 1 min clips maybe) here. Anyone may please suggest/help.
I tried "Attach files" but it says the 21 sec video clip (50MB file size) is too large for the server.

Hmm...tried uploading in YouTube and pasting the link here. Looks like succeeded :)

Last edited:

ypk_123

Fernweh...
About 45 mins-1 hour into the drive...we encountered a problem. The AC in one of the Innovas (Jaya/Chaitu's) was not working and it was quite hot. Jaya informed me on phone. OmParkash stopped and had a word with the other driver. It was decided to have the vehicle checked by a mechanic at the first opportunity.

We continued for some more time but soon it became impossible to sit in that particular Innova as the sun was blazing even at 9 am. Nani suggested that as we had 4 Innovas, we'll shift the baggage from two other Innovas into Jaya's vehicle and they can shift to the other 3 Innovas (which will now carry 6 pax each instead of 4 each) till this vehicle is repaired. OmParkash too concurred with this plan. Our little convoy stopped and we shifted all the luggage into Jaya's Innova and they adjusted in the other vehicles.
The poor driver had to drive till the mechanic shop with no AC.

Last edited:

ypk_123

Fernweh...
Soon we spotted a Burger King joint...everyone wanted a short stop for tea/coffee and restroom use.

Here's a pic of the pitstop ...

IMG_20190828_103223.jpg

And the girls :)...

IMG_20190828_103423__01.jpg

Last edited:

SHEKHAR 257

Be a Good person but Don't try to Prove.
Nice going friend. Enjoying your narration & beautiful pictures. Waiting for next leg of travel towards Manali.

ypk_123

Fernweh...
The repaired Innova soon joined us at Burger King and we started the climb up the hills after the drivers had their breakfast (after another round of re-arranging the luggage in the 4 vehicles)...the weather became pleasant and the landscape turned greener. The roads were by and large okay with occasional patches of bad/very bad/really bad stretches...but they were few and far between.

A few pics of the drive in the hills.

Loved this even better viewing with our eyes than the pic below (taken from the moving car).Two water bodies, green hills, white clouds and blue skies...all in the same frame.
IMG_20190828_123617.jpg

A different shade of green here.
IMG_20190828_124847-03.jpeg

Our stomachs were growling by this time and we stopped for lunch here. GS after lunch at Apni Haveli...
IMG_20190828_153936__01__01.jpg

And then, we saw this temple on a small hill. Tried to capture this from the fast moving car and managed this pic.
IMG_20190828_142925-02.jpeg

Last edited:

ypk_123

Fernweh...
IMG_20190828_165407__01.jpg

Got this almost perfectly framed shot on my OnePlus 7 from the moving car. Patted myself for the lucky click. :)

This river's there with you for quite a distance...
IMG_20190828_170524.jpg

I love clouds. Looking at them, many a time I let my imagination run wild. I spotted characters from the books of Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan peering down at me earlier, so am always on the look-out for more :)

(Am a huge fan of Brandon Sanderson...waiting for his works to come on Amazon Prime/Netflix. Sure they'll push GOT down the most-viewed lists).

GS grumbles I always fill up the space in my camera shooting roads and clouds rather than people. Well, here's one of my many cloud pics.

IMG_20190828_171843.jpg

Chai/restroom break at 4 pm at a roadside dhabha/small hotel. Once I entered the dhabha, just happened to glance outside the windows at the rear. We forgot the chai and all of us got busy clicking our cameras/mobiles. The view was so picturesque...a small stream flowing by, a bridge and mountains in the background and best of all - a balcony for us to hang out and breathe in the fresh mountain air enjoying the beautiful landscape.

GS, LN & SR
IMG_20190828_172927.jpg

Yes Jaya...you are noticed dear :)
IMG_20190828_173310.jpg

The two inseparable dosths...Ishaan and Gautham
IMG_20190828_174010.jpg

Cmdr & LN in a perfect pose.
IMG_20190828_173823__01.jpg

We started after chai...and the AC problem reared its ugly head again in Jaya's Innova. Hmmm...have to do something soon. OmParkash's solution to the problem "Saab, kal se AC ki zaroorat nahin padegi. Manali ke baad gaadi mein AC nahin chalegi...kyun ki zaroorat bhi nahin hogi aur engine bhi nahin kheechengi AC chalane se". Decided to have a word with Punchok and the transport coordinator once we reach Manali.

Soon dusk was approaching and twilight threw up interesting shadows on the hills, giving me a chance for clicking a few pics like the one below.

IMG_20190828_180832.jpg

The setting sun in deep orangish shades gave a good contrast with the fading light of the evening sky.

IMG_20190828_185626-02.jpeg

It was pretty dark by the time we got close to Manali.

IMG_20190828_185923-02.jpeg

IMG_20190828_190123-01.jpeg

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
Wondering how to post short videos(30 secs or 1 min clips maybe) here. Anyone may please suggest/help.
I tried "Attach files" but it says the 21 sec video clip (50MB file size) is too large for the server.
Hmm...tried uploading in YouTube and pasting the link here. Looks like succeeded :)
Youtube URL of the video is to be pasted.

Make this video Public in settings of video.

It is Private currently.
No one is able to watch it.
Put video on Youtube / fb and paste links here.