Kalpa, A Dream That Came True

citymonk

Super User
I had struggled with these things until I found the source of the problem-- triglycerides. The solutions you are proposing actually make the problem worse. Triglycerides are a type of fat that gets released in the bloodstream (after you eat and drink). These stupid things actually stick like grease to your blood vessels and slow down the blood flow. We humans think that we are starving and eat more to relieve headaches but food actually makes the problem worse as it releases more triglycerides.

The solution is prescription medication (Fibrates) and daily exercise. Believe it or not, I have started treating these things as mini-strokes. You do not know that you have a problem until you take medication and then you realize how much stress the body was subject to on a daily basis (as triglyceride levels go down after taking medication). Non-prescription medication is Omega-3 fish oil, which I take daily but I do not see any noticable results like the ones I see when I take FIbrates.

It is best to get blood tested to see what your fasting triglycerides level is. You need the number below 150. If it is higher than 200 then you really have to start managing your health. These drink chai before drink strategies are not going to help if your numbers are high. You just have to stop the abuse. Even that is not enough, you have to excercise like crazy just to get those levels down.
I am not suggesting Chai before drink. What I mean is most pepole here avoid food and particularly Chai some time before Drink. This they say are doing to fully enjoy the drink or have the desired Kick. Some assume drinking on empty stomach is perfectly o. k.

Rather my suggestion is to avoid Tea some time before Drink but to eat some thing light so that stomach lining could be protected when alcohol hits it. Having Curds in Lunch also helps.

I think eating Fish feels some times very Devine, maybe some thing to do with omega-3 acid oils.
I also assume occasional fried Pakore or Drink should not do much harm to body.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
8th April 2019, Realization of a Dream at Kalpa

Even though I was tired and the bed was comfortable, I did not get a sound sleep at night. In fact, I barely slept till 1:30 am and after that I managed to sleep till eight in the morning.

Overcast sky awaited me outside, maybe it was a good thing I did not wake up early in the morning for sunrise.

13-kalpa.jpg

After taking a few photos, I came inside and ordered breakfast. Nothing special, a couple of aloo-parathas and an omelet, along with tea. Yet, it looks fabulous, thanks to the view.

14-breakfast-at-kailash-cottage-kalpa.jpg

After breakfast, I came out and sat for a while on an iron chair. It was cold, around 10 degrees Celsius, yet, incredibly bright. I listened to a few songs and then went back inside to shave and take a shower.

After a quick bath, I had nothing to do expect sit in the chair, stare at the clouds and at times scribble something in my diary or take a photo or two.

Add to that, I pretended that I was in the middle of nowhere and used the earphones to drown out any other noise :D. Thankfully a few people who came to check out the cottage, left and did not stay there. So I had the cottage all to myself.

15-yogesh-sarkar-kalpa.jpg

16-kailash-cottage-kalpa.jpg

17-kalpa.jpg

Around 2 pm, I got a call from Ram Singh, the driver I had met today. He wanted to know, if I was planning to do sightseeing today. I had no such plans. However, I would not mind going to Roghi Village for a short while.

Therefore, I told him if in case he comes to Kalpa to drop someone off, he can call me and we will go to Roghi. Else, there is no point wasting fuel by asking him to come to Kalpa, for a short drive to Roghi.

After this, I went to the restaurant at Kinner Kailash and decided to eat there. I did this mainly to have a look at the beautiful restaurant and take a few photos.

20-kalpa-kinner-kailash.jpg

18-kinner-kailash-dinning-hall.jpg

18-hptdc-kinner-kailash.jpg

For lunch, I ordered Gobhi Palda (cauliflower cooked in yogurt gravy). It was delicious, especially the gravy and even though restaurant staff recommended rice with it, I later felt roti would have been a better accompaniment.

19-lunch-at-hptdc-kinner-kailash-kalpa.jpg

After lunch, it was time to walk back to my cottage and do what I had been doing since morning, nothing :D.

This went on till 5:30 pm, when I decided to shoot a time-lapse of the sunset. As luck would have it, the sky had begun to clear. However, my intervalometer played spoilsport and malfunctioned. As a result, out of the 1,200 images that went in to making this time-lapse I had to shoot over 1,100 by hand i.e. press shutter release every few seconds.

After the sunset, everything started going dark. Then, the beautiful orange sun rays peaked in from somewhere and gave a beautiful hue to the mountain ranges.

21-post-sunset-hues.jpg

As the light faded, so did the temperature dropped. On top of it, all the hotels of Kalpa lit up their lights. Resulting in light pollution, which would not let me capture the mountains cleanly at night. So at around 8:15 pm, I decided to retire to my room.

22-kalpa-at-dusk.jpg

23-kalpa-at-night.jpg

24-kailash-cottage-kalpa-at-night.jpg

Sadly, I could not have Chhah Meat or Rajmah Madra, since they had to be order well in advance. So I made do with the matar-paneer with roti. I made one large drink (Patiala) out of the rum left and settled down in my bed.

Tomorrow morning, I would be heading back to Delhi.

Click here to read the final part ->

Last edited:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
A very nice mind boggling update.
Amazing land scape.
Waiting for promised update and also eager to know what happened to remaining 1/3rd bottle i.e 125 ml of Himalayan Rum .
It was made into a Patiala :D

:)

Superb captures, keep rolling!!
Thank you :)

Fantastic log and Lovely time lapse pics YS.
Thank you Bharat :)

Great Twist !
Great Turns !
Great Video !
Great Pics !

Your Luck is inspired by Ekta Kapoor ?
Lol, I sure hope not.

Man proposes,God re-proposes-all for the good i guess:)
Hahaha rightly said. And I love it, when the God takes the navigation duties.

What an awesome series of pictures you have captured! Thanks for sharing, I just loved that house pic with 'Stars' in the background! :)
Thank you :).

citymonk

Super User
8th April 2019, Realization of a Dream at Kalpa

Even though I was tired and the bed was comfortable, I did not get a sound sleep at night. In fact, I barely slept till 1:30 am and after that I managed to sleep till eight in the morning.

Overcast sky awaited me outside, maybe it was a good thing I did not wake up early in the morning for sunrise.

View attachment 764053

After taking a few photos, I came inside and ordered breakfast. Nothing special, a couple of aloo-parathas and an omelet, along with tea. Yet, it looks fabulous, thanks to the view.

View attachment 764054

After breakfast, I came out and sat for a while on an iron chair. It was cold, around 10 degrees Celsius, yet, incredibly bright. I listened to a few songs and then went back inside to shave and take a shower.

After a quick bath, I had nothing to do expect sit in the chair, stare at the clouds and at times scribble something in my diary or take a photo or two.

Add to that, I pretended that I was in the middle of nowhere and used the earphones to drown out any other noise :D. Thankfully a few people who came to check out the cottage, left and did not stay there. So I had the cottage all to myself.

View attachment 764055

View attachment 764056

View attachment 764057

Around 2 pm, I got a call from Ram Singh, the driver I had met today. He wanted to know, if I was planning to do sightseeing today. I had no such plans. However, I would not mind going to Roghi Village for a short while.

Therefore, I told him if in case he comes to Kalpa to drop someone off, he can call me and we will go to Roghi. Else, there is no point wasting fuel by asking him to come to Kalpa, for a short drive to Roghi.

After this, I went to the restaurant at Kinner Kailash and decided to eat there. I did this mainly to have a look at the beautiful restaurant and take a few photos.

View attachment 764061

View attachment 764059

View attachment 764058

For lunch, I ordered Gobhi Palda (cauliflower cooked in yogurt gravy). It was delicious, especially the gravy and even though restaurant staff recommended rice with it, I later felt roti would have been a better accompaniment.

View attachment 764060

After lunch, it was time to walk back to my cottage and do what I had been doing since morning, nothing :D.

This went on till 5:30 pm, when I decided to shoot a time-lapse of the sunset. As luck would have it, the sky had begun to clear. However, my intervalometer played spoilsport and malfunctioned. As a result, out of the 1,200 images that went in to making this time-lapse I had to shoot over 1,100 by hand i.e. press shutter release every few seconds.

After the sunset, everything started going dark. Then, the beautiful orange sun rays peaked in from somewhere and gave a beautiful hue to the mountain ranges.

View attachment 764062

As the light faded, so did the temperature dropped. On top of it, all the hotels of Kalpa lit up their lights. Resulting in light pollution, which would not let me capture the mountains cleanly at night. So at around 8:15 pm, I decided to retire to my room.

View attachment 764063

View attachment 764064

View attachment 764065

Sadly, I could not have Chhah Meat or Rajmah Madra, since they had to be order well in advance. So I made do with the matar-paneer with roti. I made one large drink (Patiala) out of the rum left and settled down in my bed.

Tomorrow morning, I would be heading back to Delhi.

To be continued...
Awesome update. Superb Photography.
Hotel seems to be a nice one and is on my radar for a must visit soon.

Reactions: cat