Karismatic Kinnaur & Scintillating Spiti with Family

BHOOTER RAJA

Chalo .......let's go.
I just cant describe the excitement boiling inside me.
Excitement after watching sunset at Kalpa....
Excitement after reading lucid narration....
Excitement of watching heavenly landscape.....
Excitement after watching Arya's pleasure...
Excitement of flawless photography.

Overwhelmed. Truly.

srchandras

I just cant describe the excitement boiling inside me.
Excitement after watching sunset at Kalpa....
Excitement after reading lucid narration....
Excitement of watching heavenly landscape.....
Excitement after watching Arya's pleasure...
Excitement of flawless photography.

Overwhelmed. Truly.
Thank you so much Santanu Sir for your very kind words..

Outstanding Pics of Pin Valley and the Hero of this T'Log Arya
Thanks @ashish0712.. Arya became ardent lover of mountains.. He is so fascinated with New Zealand now after seeing your travelogue.. now that i have to take a big plunge :)

Excellent update. Awesome captures. Waiting for next part.
Thanks @SHEKHAR 257 sir..

srchandras

Dhankar Monastery:
When we tried to climb danker monastery yesterday it was completely cloudy and the beautiful structure was looking very pale. Good thing is that our vehicle was constantly giving problem while climbing up so we decided to take U Turn and proceed to Kaza and then to Pin Valley. God is very kind today and weather is awesome with fluffy white clouds hanging in the azure sky made the location so serene.

From Attargo we took right turn to proceed to Dhankar Monastery and from Schiling its 7km climb to the top. All the sad mood where completely gone today as excitement creeped into our minds on seeing the clear sky. Huffing and Puffing we reached the monastery around 11:30.

Dhankar Village:

I have seen the monastery in so many forums but being there in that location and seeing the Monastery in front of your eyes is a very different feel itself. Like most of the Monastery in this region this is on the hill top but the structure is supported by the eroding rocks beneath.

The Monastery perched on the cliff top:

It was closing time of the monastery so without wasting much time we pulled ourselves inside the monastery and the lama was very happy to welcome us and he showed the entire monastery himself. Even though i was taking more time in exploring inside and taking photos the lama was very polite and smiling all the time.

Monastery Entrance:

Inside Prayer Hall:

We came to terrace of the monastery and we were completely awestruck by the sheer beauty of the valley in front of our eyes.

Valley as seen from Monastery:

Manish decided to take his photos here:

And One for Us too..

Confluence as seen inside the Monastery:

Lovely Setting of Dhankar Village:

New Monastery is not as fascinating as the old one.. but the view of the Old Monastery is very good from there.

Bye Bye Dhankar:

Parting Shot with our Scorpio:

One for Manish Bhai:

Enroute Kaza:

Highlight of the Road to Kaza: Sorry for the poor quality as its taken from inside

We decided to fix the hose pipe in Shergo Village before we proceed to Langza. And workshop is Shergo seems to be a very knowledgeable person even though the mechanics told that they can't fix our problem but he worked magic. He decided to take the issue in his own hands and everyone around him told that he knows what he does so "fikar mat karna.. wo much tho jugaad kar dega". We were very hungry by then so we ordered noodle from the shop next to the workshop and it was run by his father. A kind very accommodating person and we had our lunch there itself.

It was close to 3pm when we got our vehicle ready and we were up for the trip & stay today to Langza. We crossed Kaza in no time and pressed the pedal to Langza.

Entrance to Kaza

We looked for Jamaica in KayCee Lodge but he was not available at that time and we decided to meet him later and proceed further.

Village Enroute:

Wide Valley of Kaza:

Meandering Spiti River:

One more Kaza when we climbed Up:

Spiti River and Rangrik Village on the Opp Side:

Climbing Up and Up:

Wind has picked up speed as well as Chillness (And this played spoilsport):

Langza Part will be covered in my next post...

rameshtahlan

Super User
loving the journey with your images,
the view of Dhankar and the valley view from Dhankar is just awesome
how the hell did i miss Dhankar on my trip.
so its a must visit on my next trip.

just keep posting images buddy.

happy landings
RT