Karizma r assistance

Subham_123

Hi all,
I have recently owned a 2009 make karizma R which has already been ridden 74000kms. The engine is somewhat in good condition. I need help with the best engine oil for such a long distance travelled bike. Also, everyday i travel 50kms to office and back. I usually take highway so usage of clutch and brake is minimum, and I never exceed 75kmph. I'm from Bangalore and the weather usually stays within 25C with moderate rainfall almost everyday.
Keeping these conditions in mind, what would be the best engine oil? I have used liqui moly 10w50 last time, with the hope to see a difference in the engine sound however haven't found any changes, except for the fact that the mileage has dropped from 40kmpl to 32kmpl. I wish to use a motul next time.. Please suggest.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi all,
I have recently owned a 2009 make karizma R which has already been ridden 74000kms. The engine is somewhat in good condition. I need help with the best engine oil for such a long distance travelled bike. Also, everyday i travel 50kms to office and back. I usually take highway so usage of clutch and brake is minimum, and I never exceed 75kmph. I'm from Bangalore and the weather usually stays within 25C with moderate rainfall almost everyday.
Keeping these conditions in mind, what would be the best engine oil? I have used liqui moly 10w50 last time, with the hope to see a difference in the engine sound however haven't found any changes, except for the fact that the mileage has dropped from 40kmpl to 32kmpl. I wish to use a motul next time.. Please suggest.
10w40 is the recommended grade and it is best to stick with it, i would suggest to switch back use either semi synthetic or full synthetic 10w40. Also doing a Engine flush with and good brand flush is recommended before grade switch. Semi would be sufficient as per me. Brand you can pick any good known liquy moli is good but sort of an overkill looking at the price same for motul 300v that's another overkill and unnecessary expense.
7100v 10w40, castrol 10w40, total etc etc.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

smarty

Hey @Subham_123 ,
I am using Karizma R since 2011 and I've tried many different oils, but the best is the I have pictured in here MOTUL 10W40 300V - hands down. When I used this, I've done more than 200 kms at a stretch without much engine heating up. Considering your minimal clutching and gear-changing, this is the best. Go for it.

Attachments