Karnataka Food Centre (KFC)

karun0035

Hi BCMT Fam,

I would like to introduce to a place close to my heart due to many reasons (childhood mainly). First, it is near to the place where I spent my majority of childhood and teenager days. Second, I've not eaten the food (traditional) which can come close to its taste. For other reasons, let me know ... :)

Please allow me to mention and add "Karnataka Food Centre" located in Sector 12, Rama Krishna Puram, New Delhi, Delhi 110022 to the list.
Google Maps - H5HG+44R

1631534581709.png

Nostalgia Fact:
Few decades ago, this Food Centre was a staff canteen for Canara Bank employees only. However it was open to outsiders ( but bank customers) also.
Since, not many people know about this little gem. And why would they if don't have any purpose to visit the bank!

My parents used to operate their account in this bank and hence the visits and the introduction to this place. This was a small seating place hidden inside the building. This place is now replaced (the entire bank building is renovated, don't know when but surely it was a one or two decades ago) with a entirely new space. This building now has a large Auditorium and one textile shop.
(They removed the bank, demolished and built a entirely new building for their Sangha).

What you will love:
Entire Karnataka food.

What you won't:
Nothing!! (at-least for me!)

The prices are very pocket friendly (even after they revised post GST).

This place was once thronged by sarkari employees only (including my parents) as entire R.K.Puram is a Central Government employees residential area. But, now there are many people coming here. I just went there yesterday (after a year) and was surprised to know that there is a waiting of ~25 minutes! Such is the popularity of the place.

Some places feels like home, even when you visit them after years!!

Must try:
  1. Masala Dosa and Idli-sambhar (what else!). This was their specialty in the old days and it still remains to this day also. There are other dishes to try, but these two takes the cake.
  2. Filter coffee
Approach:
It is located on the left side after the Moti Bagh Flyover (if coming from Shanti Path and going towards IGI Airport). A Indian Oil Petrol Pump shares the same boundary.

Note - If any BCMTian is living near this place, please ping me. I will be happy to know you.

**Edited with minor updates.

Last edited:

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Great Introduction of a Canteen in RK Puram.
Is there enough waiting space in sitting area for a group of people?
20-25 ?

karun0035

Great Introduction of a Canteen in RK Puram.
Is there enough waiting space in sitting area for a group of people?
20-25 ?
Thanks @adsatinder . I am a frequent visitor to this place and hence decided to share this with the BCMT fam.

It's not a canteen anymore. It's a fully operational Food Centre now!

There is enough space for 40-50 persons to sit. There is also a open waiting area.

Best time to go - Dinner time (in Summers), All day (in Winters).

Expect some waiting time during weekends.

Last edited:

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
I want to ask for a meeting of like minded people if possible here at weekends or not in morning till afternoon ?