Kaza and Keylong in October 2018

We plan to visit Kaza and Keylong in October 2018. Us and our 7YO daughter. Could someone help us with an itinerary and how to go about it. We will be travelling from Kolkata. It will be a 6 day trip including departure from Kolkata and arrival at Kolkata.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I wouldn't recommend doing this trip like that.

A. You will be traveling towards the end of season when weather is quite cold and most camps there food around the end of first week of October.

B. You will have just 6 days in hand, including the traveling from Kolkata. This means unless you're flying both ways, you won't really have time to take the route via Shimla and would have to go through Manali. This would result no acclimatisation and direct exposure to high altitude, which increases the chance of AMS exponentially.

With a chid travelling, i can't recommend something of this sort.

Better bet would be to travel in September with 6 days in hand, starting and ending at Delhi. That way you will be able to do Spiti and Chandertal and reduce risk drastically.

I wouldn't recommend doing this trip like that.

A. You will be traveling towards the end of season when weather is quite cold and most camps there food around the end of first week of October.

B. You will have just 6 days in hand, including the traveling from Kolkata. This means unless you're flying both ways, you won't really have time to take the route via Shimla and would have to go through Manali. This would result no acclimatisation and direct exposure to high altitude, which increases the chance of AMS exponentially.

With a chid travelling, i can't recommend something of this sort.

Better bet would be to travel in September with 6 days in hand, starting and ending at Delhi. That way you will be able to do Spiti and Chandertal and reduce risk drastically.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion! Could you suggest any other itinerary to the hills? This is actually the Durga Puja time and we have a long holiday. We generally use this period to take our yearly vacation. Will wait for your reply.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Have you been to Kumaon? If not, then you can easily do Mukteshwar, Chaukori, Munsiyari and Binsar in 6 days, starting from Delhi.

Been there in February this year only. We have been to Shimla, Manali, Kullu, Narkanda, Chail, Kufri, Whole of Sikkim, including Yumthang and Lachung. Darjeeling is also covered. :) We have not visited the North East and South. J&K, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Vaishno Devi have all been visited. We are looking for a relaxing trip without much of travelling here and there. What I mean is we wish to make one destination our base and then do day trips from there.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
If that is the case, then head to Kashmir. You can fly directly to Srinagar and make that your base. Fall season is beautiful in Kashmir, as long as there isn't too much haze. Even if you don't explore a lot of places, you can stay in Srinagar itself and just relax.

Alternatively Tirthan Valley along with Prashar Lake, Sarahan and Kalpa, Dalhousie and Dharamshala in Himachal will make for a good circuit.

If that is the case, then head to Kashmir. You can fly directly to Srinagar and make that your base. Fall season is beautiful in Kashmir, as long as there isn't too much haze. Even if you don't explore a lot of places, you can stay in Srinagar itself and just relax.

Alternatively Tirthan Valley along with Prashar Lake, Sarahan and Kalpa, Dalhousie and Dharamshala in Himachal will make for a good circuit.
Can you please provide me with an itinerary? Starting 14th October 2018 till 21st October 2018