Kedarnath ji to Bhiwadi in 3 days

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by binitto, Oct 8, 2017.

1. binitto

binitto Binitto

Time -September end 3 days long weekend
    Place-Kedarnath ji
    Vehicle-RE 350
    Members-Me & Bike
    Teasers- Below....

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

2. Suneesh Sharma

Suneesh Sharma Love my Iron Beast

3. binitto

binitto Binitto

In Sept. end I was very much puzzled that where should I go?? As holidays are only for 3 days and I have already covered all major places and now no place was left (nearby) that I visit and come back to home in 3 days...Suddenly an idea of Kedarnath ji popped out but I was not sure that I can do it in 3 days as it has approx. 32 km of trekking...I asked few persons and they told me that I need min. 4 days leaves to complete it.. Without any second thought I went to boss and asked for leave ...and he said OK without asking any questions.. I was ready to go with 4 days in hand 29,30,1,2
    On 28th night my wife waleft for her father's home for 4 days with my son.. And I thought I will start journey in night it self.. but

umeshparikh and adsatinder like this.
  4. binitto

binitto Binitto

as I reached home and started to arrange things required for trip (No previous preparation as it was a secret mission , I think I am not alone to do the secret visits :):) )
    :finga:..Finally everything done but it was too late so started to feel sleepy and decided I will leave early morning 4 ) 'clock I was also having doubt that may be I can't wake up early but I promised myself that even if I woke up at 12:00 pm I will sure do the trip no cancellations !!! And lazy me woke up at 8 am:confused: and I left home finally at 9.20 am
    Now it's time to take pic of bike's odometer so tried to clicked 2-3 times but camera was not able to take pic. although batteries were new..What happened?? Don't know it was already late so just put the camera in bag and departed !! Till Hrishikesh nothing intresting, usual traffic madness...no pics.

I managed to cross Hrishikesh by 6:30 pm and kept my trip continue as I was late so decided to continue till 10:00 pm ..I enjoy to drive in the hills of UK I was enjoying at the slow pace till 8:00 pm but suddenly I felt there is something not good with my bike's rear tyre got down and checked Oh no !! it's puncture now what to do at night in hills ?? No shops no one was there to help so I kept driving till 2 kms in search of puncture repair shop finally I found a local man ,he told me to go back 2-3 kms there is a puncture wala I went back but the shop was closed , but I have told if I can go some kms ahead there is a puncture shop and the person is Mr. Negi , I feeled positive and went there but that sop was also closed, finally I decided to have a night stop there itself. Day -1 was finished this way .. What is next????

5. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Suspense ?

6. binitto

binitto Binitto

Day-2 :) Woke up at 5 am it was very nice to hear the sound of holy river Ganga with no other sounds.. except few vehicles including bikes in every minutes .. Finally Mr. Negi came and as it was famous that he is moody and there is no assrance that he will surely repair the puncture in early morning but no options I went to his shop and luckily he was working ..His first dialouge with me was "subah-2 tyre aa jate hain ,,Dimaage kharab kar dete hain" I did not say anything as don't want to take any risk of repair cancellation.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

umeshparikh, adsatinder and sat kmr like this.
  7. binitto

binitto Binitto

I was thinking that is it a good decision to do this trip ?? as from starting things were not going well 1. started late 2. camera not working 3. bike puncture the 2nd day was also started at 9 am will I be able to do the trip and can reach home on the time ?? God knows what will happen ..
    IMG-20170930-WA0006.jpeg
    On the way !!
    IMG-20170930-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20170930-WA0014.jpeg
    Waterfall at Agastya Muni
    IMG-20170930-WA0029.jpeg
    Waterfall enroute
    IMG-20170930-WA0035.jpeg
    Information regarding Kedarnath yatra
    IMG-20170930-WA0050.jpeg
    got it in 1 minute only

umeshparikh, adsatinder and sat kmr like this.
  8. skysat2005

skysat2005 Super User

Very nice, some of the pics are not in orientation. You could rotate those pics and then upload.
    Cheers...

9. binitto

binitto Binitto

Reached at place where yatra can be started got registered very fast but not able to start yatra as it can be done only after 5 am by pony or by foot now I have only option to do the Kedarnath Darshan it is Helicopter ride but it is very expensive 7000 rs for 2 ways...I dont want to spend this much..I caled up my friend and told him the situation and he told me that don't return without darshan it will be foolishness you have come this far and thinking about few thousands who know that you can come here again or not ?? Just do it !! And I felt positive and made my mind to do the trip as this is the only way to do darshan and reach back on time.. so went few kms back and inquired for the heli ride but 1st one was not interested may be due to time (evening time) it was 7500/rs. and 150 rs. per kg above 80 kgs and I was 83 kg ...I went to 2nd agent he was intrested and was ready to send me instantly ..I bacame happy that I can go and come back today itself but after he received a call form someone he denied me .....now..???

After few kms one more agent was there I asked him the price was 6500/- for 2 way I paid for tkt and ride was booked for 7 :00 am ..next day then took a room and went for dinner in near by south indian restaurant but had the local food there..as it make sense , s,indian can be eaten anywhere... end of day 2

umeshparikh and adsatinder like this.
  10. binitto

binitto Binitto

Day-3 Woke up at 5 am and reached to helipad at right time our helicopter did take off it was my 1st experience of heli ride for me it's little scary as I don't like this strange bird ... but the ride was so beautiful and we reached to Kedarnath DHAM in just few minutes. We were told to do the darshan and return to helipad in 45 minutes so we directly went to Mandir and joined the queue whict was so long and impossible to reach mandir in 45 minutes finaly by 8:30 am we were very near to the mandir and an announcement happened " VIP visit ke karan darshan AAM logo ke liye 9 baje se band rahenge aur VIP visit ke baad khulenge "

we felt very ackward..why we still have VIP culture in our country ?? For only 1 person thousands of people had to wait.. we were lucky that we did the darshan just before the closing for vip visit took some pics and reached back to helipad for return.. but as we reached there we have told that ride are stopped due to safety of VIP (Rajnath Singh Ji) and will resume only after his visit so we had to wait till 1 pm by that time the weather was getting bad and clouds were started to gather and out tour operator told that if weather will go more bad then ride will be cancelled.. he was right but I started to think that what happen if I can't reach back today I have to go to pick my family from DHARUHERA from highway in the morning of 2nd October they are coming by bus so anyhow I must reach there.. finally after visit of VIP was over and heli service resumed we are happy I was more happy that I am in 1st group in return trip.. but as my turn came I was shifted to 2nd trip as weight balance of our group is not good and from 2nd trip to shifted in 3rd group for the same reason Now I became angry and told clearly that I won't accept any shift due to any reason as the weather was getting more bad and I want to go back as soon as possible ..He said ok but final condition will be cleared when we sit in heli ...luckily nothing was happened and we come back ...took some pics and went back to hotel quickly checked out and approx at 1.40 pm back on the road....
    DSC_0031.jpg
    @ Mandir
    DSC_0068.jpg
    View from helicopter

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg