Kolkata to Mumbai driving holiday

subhankar paul

And miles to go before I sleep
I am to drive from Kolkata to Mumbai in the next month. The purpose is to deliver a car to my nephew residing in Worli . My car is a 2013 Swift Dzire.
I don't have any experience of driving more than 500 km distance in a day . So I need suggestion of the route with 300 - 500 km per day drive plan and good stay options.
Duration of the journey is not any constrain . Rather I like to go leisurely halting at numerous tourist spots even take multiple breathers of couple of days to avoid the boredom of compulsion of monotonous daily driving.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

suyash_tripathi

Day-1 Kolkata-Kharagpur-Keonjhar-Sambalpur.
Day-2 Sambapur-Raipur-Nagpur-Amravati. Excellent 4 lane roads through out. (Nagpur-Amravati bypass road is bad and so is the traffic inside Nagpur City, Choose for yourself, Bypass or City)
Day-3 Amravati-Khamgaon-Jalgaon-Dhule-Nasik-Mumbai. (Amravati to Dhule 4 laning and road widening work is going on) Dhule-Mumbai all excellent 4 lane roads.

This is the regular schedule easily doable for such long distances. In case of roaming around, you always have a detour for Puri, Gopalpur on Sea in Orissa. Kanha National Park in M.P. Shegaon Temple, Shirdi, Nasik, Trembhakeshwar in MH.

For night halts in case you are tired, there are major cities enroute like, Raipur, Durg, Rajnandgaon, Bhandara, Nagpur, Amravati, Akola, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nasik which have decent hotels to stay.

Drive Safe and Happy Journey.

subhankar paul

And miles to go before I sleep
Thank you Suyash Bhai .
I'll go by your suggestion and may add 2/3 days for stopovers at some choice locations.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

uturn

Super User
Amravati -khmagaon-Dhule need to drive carefully poor road side amenities & road widening
Crossing bhusaval jalgaon is a pain
Dhule Nasik watch for speed breakers after every 15/20 kms.
Nasik Mumbai beautiful scenic road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uturn

Super User
From some other forums Mumbai-Hydrabad-Vijaywada-Cuttuk-Kolkata is much better option than Nagpur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk