yours truly taking a difficult shot
View attachment 762489

View attachment 762490

the lit up swimming pool
View attachment 762491

View attachment 762492

and the beautiful fountain
View attachment 762493
Tempting Shots to visit such place in Nakhlistan !

Do you play TT (Table Tennis) ?
This was my favorite game during my study years !

Alpha

Going to Neverland
We witnessed a sunny morning with light breeze. After morning ablutions and a cup of tea, we went for a stroll around the resort soaking in some Vitamin D. After an hour of walking around we came back to our rooms and freshened up for breakfast. In another half an hour we were good to go. We decided to check out and dropped the idea of boating in the reservoir.

Thapa ji enjoying the morning sun
66.JPG

67.jpg

68.JPG

69.JPG

70.JPG

71.JPG

the dining area
72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

Alpha

Going to Neverland
We were is some sort of dilemma over whether we should head back through the same route from where we came or take another route via Bhanpura. The distance to be covered was almost same in both the routes. We were running short of fuel in our vehicle and the nearest fuel pump was either at Bhanpura or at Rawatbhata. Bhanpura was the nearest one at about 30 kms and we had no idea whether the car would reach Rawatbhata, so decided in favour of Bhanpura. The route we took was Bhanpura-Ramganj Mandi-Dara-Mandana-Kota. We stopped at Dara Station for another dose of super-hot Kachoris. We also enjoyed the fresh n hot rabri. Thereafter we reached Kota without any breaks.

Getting out of the Hinglaj Resort
76.jpg

break at Dara station
77.jpg

qaid me hai bulbul
78.jpg

lessun chutney was amazing- real hot
79.jpg

the beginning
80.jpg

hot rabri was delicious
81.jpg

82.jpg

hum bhi hain..
83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Once we reached Kota, we decided to head for the Kota symbol at Garadiya Mahadev temple since we had enough time. We entered into the ticketed entrance in the Mukandara Tiger Reserve Forest. The kutcha road ended after two kilometers or so. This place was amazing. Only nature can create such a beautiful sight. The Chambal River takes a curve here which makes this place as great viewing point. However the curve as shown in various photographs is mostly the outcome of a wide angle lens rather than the actual curvature. Still it is a good place to visit. One more bummer is that high charges to enter this place. The Forest department charges Rs 75 per head and Rs 250 for the car which is way too steep way too steep for any tourist. Further, there are no tourist facilities inside. The place got little crowded and each and every vantage point was taken over by enthusiastic crowds. After spending 45 minutes at this place we left for Kota.

reached the Kota Symbol at Garadiya Mahadev temple
86.jpg

the road inside the forest resrve
87.jpg

the parking bay
88.jpg

Chambal River
89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

inke alag hi maze hain
92.jpg

93.JPG

the famous point
94.jpg

95.jpg

hum bhi pose maarega
96.jpg

do do Thapa
97.jpg

Alpha

Going to Neverland
We came back to Saurabh’s house and rested for a while. In the meanwhile Nitish attended his house for some work. He came back around 6.30 in the evening and we all went to visit the Seven Wonders Park. This park is situated around Kishore Sagar Lake. The lake is a huge artificial lake constructed on the demands of the Queen of Kota who happened to visit Udaipur and was impressed by the Lake palace. There is a similar small palace in the midst of the lake. There is a restaurant at this palace however, the palace was currently closed. But the park is famous for hosting replicas of all Seven Wonders of the World, namely, Coliseum, Great Pyramids, Taj Mahal, Statue of Liberty, Leaning tower of Pisa, Eiffel Tower and Christ the Redeemer. We spent the evening their peacefully with half of Kota public.

The Seven Wonder Park, kota
98.jpg

parking area
99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

just to break the monotony
108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

Christ the Redeemer
113.jpg

114.jpg

Kishore Sagar Lake
115.jpg

Alpha

Going to Neverland
After spending some nice time at the Seven Wonders Park, we went to a Bar called The Mug for some refreshments. Thereafter we had a late dinner at Kesar Punjabhi Dhaba which was followed up with sweet Pan at Pan Plaza. I asked Nitish to drop me to the railway station as I was getting late for my train. He dropped me well in time at the Kota station. I bid adieu to Nitish and Nitin Thapa who had come to drop me. The train was at right time and I alighted the train with contentment. It was a well spent weekend.

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

Kota junction at 11.14 pm
123.jpg

waiting for the train to arrive
124.jpg

beautiful wall murals inside the waiting area
125.jpg

acha chalta hoon...
126.jpg

LOG COMPLETED

cat

Senior Billi
WOW :-D Stunning log. :!:
I think I must cook chana dhal today. But what is that stuff on the plate, looks like mushy rice with sev and onion on it?

Yes, Bundi...I went to Satinder ji's google maps link to see how far it is from Delhi, and I ended spending a long time looking at pics there. It has developed a lot since I was there 10 years ago. Tourism development, and the whole place seems to have expanded. (I hope autos have not increased much, it was a quiet place.) The palace, it seems like maybe some of it has been renovated a bit, but most of it still the same...I like it like that.