Kota & Gandhi Sagar - What a Surprise!!

adsatinder

explorer
WOW :-D Stunning log. :!:
I think I must cook chana dhal today. But what is that stuff on the plate, looks like mushy rice with sev and onion on it?

Yes, Bundi...I went to Satinder ji's google maps link to see how far it is from Delhi, and I ended spending a long time looking at pics there. It has developed a lot since I was there 10 years ago. Tourism development, and the whole place seems to have expanded. (I hope autos have not increased much, it was a quiet place.) The palace, it seems like maybe some of it has been renovated a bit, but most of it still the same...I like it like that.
Kota Railway Station is main place which is a major halt for all trains of Delhi - Mumbai (Bombay) Route.
You can venture out nearby area easily by staying at Kota or take taxi from Kota to see nearby places.
Resort shown here is at a secluded place.
From Delhi,
Kota is 500 km only.

cat

Senior Billi
Too far for even long weekend, you will spend one day driving each way. 2 full days in Bundi / 2 nights, is not too much, I was happy to stay there 5-6 days - but that's me, I can sit and do nothing for days, as long as there is coffee and good food. :) (And I did have good food, and homemade lassi, and the chaiwala down the road took care of my coffee needs. After the first day, he understood, I arrive in the morning for coffee and I don't speak until after first coffee.)

Kota station, those photos, seems improved. I was going from Mathura station to Bundi, 99% of trains were to Kota only, just one at 1am was direct to Bundi.

skysat2005

Super User
Another awesome log, this infact showed many new travel destinations. I'll be going to that atomic power station soon and surely going to extend the visit to cover other places as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience, cheers...

Alpha

Going to Neverland
WOW :-D Stunning log. :!:
I think I must cook chana dhal today. But what is that stuff on the plate, looks like mushy rice with sev and onion on it?
thats Poha

Kota station, those photos, seems improved. I was going from Mathura station to Bundi, 99% of trains were to Kota only, just one at 1am was direct to Bundi.
Kota station along with many other railway stations has been transformed. madhubani railway station in Bihar (my home-town district headquarter) used to be the dirties and filthiest railway station with paan stains everywhere. Now it has transformed completely and among the most beautiful stations with Madhubani/Mithila painting adorning all the walls.. now nobody dares to spit on the wall as it is covered with Ramayan murals :)

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Another awesome log, this infact showed many new travel destinations. I'll be going to that atomic power station soon and surely going to extend the visit to cover other places as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience, cheers...
Thank you Satish

are you going to visit the power plant officially?

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Swami Vivekananda said, if you love me then I'm in your heart, and if you hate me then I'm in your mind.

Good to know that I've got a place in someone's mind. :-(:shock: :cry:

(happy to keep the heart free for the lady who is being raised in Gokul).
dada you are in my heart too :)

cat

Senior Billi
The stations... yes, that confirms it.
Mathura Jn was something else. At like 1am. The entire hall had people lying on the floor /sleeping, And a big black bull. I went into another waiting hall; same thing, another big black bull. :-D