Ladakh and Zanskar - 2 weeks in May

Chetan Kulkarni

Super User
Thanks for your inputs Yogesh. I have switched the plan and will be visiting Nubra first and then Pangong Tso/Tso Moriri.
17th May Pick up from the airport and drop to the hotel. Stay at Srinagar. House boat/hotel.
18th May Srinagar to Kargil. Visit Sonamarg , Drass on the way. Stay at Kargil (Army Camp/Hotel)
19th May
Kargil to leh. Mulbek maitrey enroute Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House
20th May Visit Leh palace, Shanti Stupa and Tsemo Gonpa. Rest for the whole day after a long journey. Easy tour around leh in the evening time. And get ready for the next day. Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House
21st May Visit Sham Valley Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House
22nd May Drive from Leh to Hunder. On the way stop at Khardung-la pass. Visit Turtuk which is a village which boarders with Pakistan. At Hunder you can do camel riding. Visit Sand dunes. Diskit monastery. Stay at Hunder
23rd May
Drive from hunder to Warshi, visit Sumur monastery on the way. Drive along the Shyok river towards Siachen glacier and back to Hunder/Sumur overnight .
OR
Visit Turtuk on this day if not possible on the earlier day.
Stay at Hunder/Sumur
24th May
Drive from Hunder to Leh. Leh
25th May Leh to Pangong Tso via Changla. Stay at Spangmik
26th May
Pangong lake to Tsomoriri lake. Via Tsaga la pass. Stay at Korzok, Tsomoriri lake.
27th May Day trip to Hanle if possible Stay at Korzok
28th May
Tsomoriri lake to leh via Taklang-la pass. Visit Tsokar lake, Stay at Leh.Camping.
29th May
Drive from Leh to Srinagar. Stay at Srinagar
30th May
Around Srinagar Srinagar.
31st May
Back home Pune J

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Seems good to me. Though my recommendation would be to spend the night at Hanle, instead of Tso Moriri and next day proceed to Korzok. Just make sure to book Sonam's Guest House in advance.