Ladakh and zanskar in September 19

kunalkadam

Dear Members,

I want do Zanskar and Ladakh trip in September 2019. we are a group of 22 people and need your advice on below rough plan i have created

Day 1: Mumbai – Leh by flight

Day 2: Leh local site seeing and permits

Day 3: Leh to Turtuk

Day 4: Turtuk – Hunder

Day 5: Hunder – Pangong via Agham Shyok road

Day 6: Pangong – Tso moriri

Day 7: Tso Moriri – Hanle

Day 8: Hanle – Leh

Day 9: Leh – Kargil

Day 10: Kargil – Padum

Day 11: Padum

Day 12: Padum – Kargil

Day 13: Kargil – Sonmarg

Day 14: Sonmarg– Gulmarg -Srinagar

Day 15: Srinagar – Mumbai

Queries

Is the above plan doable?

We have 3 kids with us youngest being 3 yrs, any AMS dificulties?

Is tempo traveler available on all the above routes we would need 2 vehicles?

Is stay available for large group in all the above places mentioned?

Thanking in advance

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Your plan is doable, the only change I would recommend would be to do Pangong Tso to Hanle and then from there, go to Tso Moriri. Otherwise, you will be backtracking on the road to Hanle.

Kids should be fine, just make sure they do not to overexert themselves and you follow the basic guidelines mentioned in our Ladakh AMS Survival Guide and consult with a pediatrician before travelling to Ladakh.

Even in case of Tempo Traveller, you will have to hire 2 and while these can do all the routes you have mentioned above, Inova would be more comfortable, though more expensive.

You will have to hire another set of vehicles from Kargil, in order to visit Padum. Since Leh union vehicles cannot travel there and you have to hire from Kargil Union.

Accommodation would be manageable. However, you will have to book hotels in advance, especially at places like Turtuk, Hanle and Padum.

kunalkadam

Thanks yogesh. I will make the necessary changes suggested. Can you please share some contacts of tempo traveller drivers for ladakh and zanskar trip. Which drivers of the 2 will take me to srinagar

kunalkadam

Your plan is doable, the only change I would recommend would be to do Pangong Tso to Hanle and then from there, go to Tso Moriri. Otherwise, you will be backtracking on the road to Hanle.

Kids should be fine, just make sure they do not to overexert themselves and you follow the basic guidelines mentioned in our Ladakh AMS Survival Guide and consult with a pediatrician before travelling to Ladakh.

Even in case of Tempo Traveller, you will have to hire 2 and while these can do all the routes you have mentioned above, Inova would be more comfortable, though more expensive.

You will have to hire another set of vehicles from Kargil, in order to visit Padum. Since Leh union vehicles cannot travel there and you have to hire from Kargil Union.

Accommodation would be manageable. However, you will have to book hotels in advance, especially at places like Turtuk, Hanle and Padum.
Thanks yogesh. I will make the necessary changes suggested. Can you please share some contacts of tempo traveller drivers for ladakh and zanskar trip. Which drivers of the 2 will take me to srinagar

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
For Kargil, you can contact Kargil Taxi Union at 9419176515.

In case of Leh, I don't have numbers of tempo traveller drivers, but you can contact Inder (+919906971501), he should be able to arrange them.

Kargil Union drivers will take you to Srinagar.

kunalkadam

For Kargil, you can contact Kargil Taxi Union at 9419176515.

In case of Leh, I don't have numbers of tempo traveller drivers, but you can contact Inder (+919906971501), he should be able to arrange them.

Kargil Union drivers will take you to Srinagar.
Thanks yogesh. Can you provide a rough idea how much the entire plan traveling cost would be?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Get a quote from drivers in Leh and Kargil. Unions have fixed rate and generally you can get a discount of around 10-15%. Transportation is going to be your main expenditure,

Rakesh0252

We are a group of six people and planning to compete Zasnkar circuit. Last year we visited Leh via Srinagar route and desperately wanted to return via Manali route. However, the weather was not conducive and roads were blocked. This time we are contemplating a plan like: Manali-Leh-Nubra-Leh-Kargil-Zanskar-Kargil-Srinagar. Will it be fine?