Ladakh bike ride itinerary suggestions - July 2018

Hi all, I'm planning for Jammu - Srinagar - Ladakh - Manali ride this July. We are 6 people on 4 bikes. The dates are Sat 7th July to Sun 22nd July (Mumbai to Mumbai). I've prepared the following itinerary. Please go through it & tell me if it is ok.

Sat - Mon = Mumbai to Jammu train
Mon = Jammu - Srinagar - Bike ride begins
Tue = Srinagar - Kargil
Wed = Kargil - Leh
Thu = Leh - local, permits, etc.
Fri = Leh - Nubra Valley
Sat = Nubra Valley - Pangong Tso
Sun = Pangong Tso - Leh
Mon = Buffer day
Tue = Leh - Jispa
Wed = Jispa - Manali
Thu = Buffer day
Fri = Manali - Kalka
Sat - Sun = Kalka to Mumbai train

I have a few doubts, if the experts would be able to clear it.

1) Is the Agham Shyok route open in July & would we be able to do it on motorcycles while having a pillion?
2) Should we book accommodation beforehand or will we able to get hotels / homestays when we reach our destinations?
3) Is the luggage office at Kalka railway station open in evening? Because we plan on giving our motorcycles a day before to load as luggage in the train as our train is in the morning at 10.20 AM.
4) Also, how much rains can we expect during our entire journey?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
1. It should be open, unless Shyok is flowing high enough to block it or there is a landslide. In that case, you can take the Wari La route to Pangong. A bit longer and the pass is steep as well, but doable nonetheless. Agham-Shyok route is mostly alright.

2. You can get accommodation easily after reaching the place.

3. If you're loading your bikes as luggage, I doubt they will accept it beforehand.

4. From Jammu to Zoji La and then from Baralacha La onward. It can rain the entire day or even a couple of days continuously. Though likely you will face it for a few hours.