Ladakh Diaries | A Photo and Video Log

sriprakash74

Sriprakash
Day 2 - Srinagar to Zoji La top (Continued)

As my journey was focused on Ladakh, I have very few pictures of Srinagar. However, is posting whatever I have. Hope you will like it. Do follow / subscribe to my channels to see my videos before I post / share it anywhere else and comment on my channels also which will encourage me to share more such stories. However I will continue to share my published videos here also.

So lets start with a video

Baltal. Amarnath Basecamp.

Baltal

Way to Amarnath

Amarnath

The approach road to the pass was very dusty. You can figure that out by seeing the condition of my Ertiga

Ertiga

Lot of snow / ice once you reach the pass (Road is cut through ice at many places). The pass itself and beyond was not dusty.

Snow

There were lots of shacks at the top near the yellow board selling maggi and snacks. Snow games and horse rides were available at the top though snow was not much. And as we always do, we did not go for any such games, instead spend sometime to admire the beauty and roam around.

Zojila.jpg

Zojila1

Yours truely at Zoji La Top

ZojilaBoard

Snow at Zoji La Top Board

ZojilaSnow

Our Ertiga at Zoji La Top

ZojilaErtiga

Had some Maggi at Zoji La top. Rs.50/- per plate. Too costly.

Next stop was Gumri Cafe. Zoji La War Memorial

ZojilaWar

The cafe at Gumri is run by Army Welfare Fund and profits from this cafe goes to the families of army veterans. Rates at Gumri Cafe is also cheep and they are selling some souvenirs too. We purchased a couple of those. There was a tourist lady urging a armyman to remove his mask so that she can take picture with him which the army officer was politely declining. I also had some chit vhat with that officer. Requesting you to make a point not to photograph army, and if you do accidentally, please do not post it anywhere.

Gumri Cafe, TCP and around.

GumriCafe

We spent some time at the war memorial and nearby water stream and then moved ahead. Though the road beyound Zoji La top was not dusty it was full of potholes. The road before the pass was narrow (the lower road) and bad, but the road after the pass was wide and worse.

Somehow we descended and reached the police check post for registration. The road around 10 Kms after the pass was in good condition, and was excellent beyond the police check post.

We soon reached Drass, had some snacks there and next stop was Kargil War Memorial

Drass1

Drass2

Drass3

Drass4

After visiting the war memorial, we headed for Kargil and reached there in the evening. Booked a hotel and spent the night there. Thats the narrative for this part of the journey. Will continue further in next post. Till then enjoy the video from Zojila Top to Kargil.

Last edited:

sriprakash74

Sriprakash
Day 3 - Kargil to Khaltse

When we woke up in the morning it was raining which delayed our start. However was ready for onward journey to Leh at around 9 AM.

Reached Mulbek, our first stop at around 10 AM. Rain stopped by the time we reached Mulbek.

Larchay
Mulbek1

Shargole
Mulbek2

Mulbek3

Colorful Stupas (Chorten)
Mulbek4

Chamba Statue of Mulbek
Chamba

Strange rock formation near Mulbek
Rocks

Valley near Mulbek
Valley

Colorful barren mountains starts appearing once you leave Mulbek. The view just gets better and better
Somewhere while ascending to Namik La
Namik1

Colours of Mountains
Color

At Namik La
AtNamik

AtNamik1

Near Budhkharbu
BudhKharbu

Strange Rock Formation near Heniskot
Heniskot

Rain started again while we were ascending Fotu La. And snow started just before Fotu La.
Snowfall at Fotu La
Snow

Fotu

Lamayuru
Lamayuru

MoonLand. However view of Moonland was not good due to rain and clouds
MoonLand

MoonLand1

Moonland2

That's all for this part. Will continue our journey from Khaltse in next part.
Please watch below vlog from my channel which covers journey from Kargil to Khaltse. Please subscribe to my Youtube channel and follow my FaceBook and Instagram to view videos, short clips and pictures related to my travel across India as soon as those are posted on channels.

Link to my channels and pages available in my signature at the end of this post.

Attachments

Last edited:

sriprakash74

Sriprakash
Following are the pictures captured during my journey between Khaltse and Leh.

Pictures between Khaltse to Basgo Plains
P1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

Ascending to Basgo Plains

p10.jpg

p11.jpg

p12.jpg

p13.jpg

p14.jpg

p15.jpg

p16.jpg

Likir Monestery Gate is visible in below picture

p17.jpg

Some pictures of Basgo Plains
p18.jpg

Accident at Basgo plains
p19.jpg

p20.jpg

p21.jpg

p22.jpg

Green patch in below picture is Basgo Village
p23.jpg

p24.jpg

Can you locate the Basgo Monastery
p25.jpg

Indus Zanskar Confluence at Neemu
p40.jpg

Leh Valley
p26.jpg

p28.jpg

Leh City at far end
p29.jpg

p30.jpg

p42.jpg

p43.jpg

p31.jpg

Concluding this part of blog. This part was more about views and journey. There was nothing much to write. All other information are in the video which I shared in my previous post.

Thank you for watching. See you in the next part of this blog where we will talk about sightseeing at Leh City and nearby places.

sriprakash74

Sriprakash
Leh Local Sightseeing

After we reached Leh, we started searching for hotel. There are plenty of hotels in Leh for every type of travelers including low and high budget travelers. However several of them either do not have a parking or not sufficient for all guests and cars have to be parked either on roads which are narrow sometimes, or in market area in designated parking area. Being on a big car, parking was a big issue in finding proper hotel. However found a suitable hotel with family room, however still without parking but with wide road.

Our next 2 days plan was to explore Leh City and its nearby places along Leh Manali Highway and to complete permit related formalities. Now please enjoy the video log of this part of the journey while I am preparing the photographs.

"