Ladakh Diaries | A Photo and Video Log

shahronakm

Whenever I hear / read / see something about Ladakh one person I always remember is Yogesh Sarkar. It was his blog way back in 2006 (or was it in 2005) that inspired our visit to 'Heaven On Earth' in 2008.

Lovely trip report & photos. Yet to see the videos, but will check them soon.

sriprakash74

Sriprakash
Whenever I hear / read / see something about Ladakh one person I always remember is Yogesh Sarkar. It was his blog way back in 2006 (or was it in 2005) that inspired our visit to 'Heaven On Earth' in 2008.

Lovely trip report & photos. Yet to see the videos, but will check them soon.
Thanks

sriprakash74

Sriprakash
Great Places !
Great Videos !
Great Captures !
Great Coverage !
Thanks Satinder.

I am being very busy now a days. Work from home is actually killing all my time. Somehow managing to work on my vlog. Will post remaining pictures once I complete my vlog. Now please view and enjoy next part of my Ladakh vlog covering my journey from Hunder to Shyok.

You can visit my Instagram or Facebook pages for more pictures and short videos.

sriprakash74

Sriprakash
Ladakh Road Trip | Nubra to Pangong Part 2 | LoC to LAC | River of Death

Hello Friends. Presenting ninth part of our Leh Ladakh Road Trip series covering our journey from somewhere near Shyok Village to Lukung on the banks of Pangong Lake. That means we are driving from LoC with Pakistan to LAC with China in this video. There are three routes to Pangong Lake from Nubra. These are 1) Via Khardung La, Leh, Sakti, Chang La, Darbuk - Total distance 280 Kms and travel time 10-12 hours. There are two mighty mountain passes in this route, Khardung La at 5259 Mtrs and Chang La at 5360 Mtrs. 2) Via Agham, Wari La, Sakti, Chang La, Darbuk. Total distance 230 Kms and travel time 10-12 hours. There are two mountain passes in this route Wari La at 5312 mtrs and Mighty Chang La. 3) Via Agham, Shyok, Darbuk - Shortest route with distance 170 Kms and travel time 5-6 hours. There is no mountain pass in this route.

Shyok river path is part of ancient silk route used by traders for trade with central Asia and traders used to cross this river several times during their journey which also the case now a days also, however we have some bridges now a days to cross the river. However due to dry and fragile ecosystem of Shyok River, its prone to landslides and flash floods due to which caravans of traders used to get buried in landslides or get swept away in flash floods and river current. Hence it ended up with the notorious name, The river of death, and deadly reputation. We followed Shyok River till Shyok Village where we turn right and ascend the Ladakh Mountain Range living behind the Shyok River and Karakoram Range. We descended to Durbuk after crossing Ladakh Range, had our lunch at Durbuk, verified our permit with local police at Tangtse and reached Lukung on the banks of Pangong Lake. We also came across several Himalayan Marmots on the way.

Now enjoy the video from beginning to end to know about our Leh Ladakh India Tour in detail.

sriprakash74

Sriprakash
Ladakh Road Trip | Nubra to Pangong Part 3 | Nearing LAC | Most Beautiful Lake

Hello Friends. Presenting tenth part of our Leh Ladakh Road Trip series covering our journey from Lukung on the banks of Pangong Lake to Spangmik, a village on the banks of Pangong. That means we are driving towards LAC with China in this video.

After reaching Lukung we spent sometime at 3 idiot's point and then we started our journey to Spangmik, our destination for today. The road mostly goes through the mountain cliff of Kangju Kangri which is very narrow and full of rock sliding area which you can see in this video. Pangong Lake and Kangju Kangri range accompanied us throughout our journey of 14 Kilometers. Finally we reached Spangmik after an hour drive from Lukung where we searched for a tent and settled down before going down to the bank of Pangong Lake where we took several pictures and videos of the beautiful lake of Pangong. Now enjoy the video from beginning to end to know about our Leh Ladakh India Tour in detail.