Ladakh in April-May 2018

Maulik Gosalia

Hi Experts

I am planning to travel Leh Ladakh (ultimate destination) between 26th Apr'18 to 3rd May'18. We are a group of 8-10 people with age group of 25-35. I am planning to book flights in coming days from Mumbai to Leh. Is it OK to visit Leh during this period. Will we able to visit Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso, Khardung La or even turtuk or hunder including diskit monastery and zanskar valley. We need help in planning the trip and where we can travel over there.
1. Possible itinerary for the trip
2. suggestion for hotels or home stays ( we are also looking to stay overnight in hunder or turtuk and Pangong Tso)
3. Any reliable taxi services which we can hire for our trip
4. whether we will get vegetarian food option considering it is end of winter.

Please experts help us in planning this trip. This is the only time available where all of us are available for vacation during this year.
If your plans are still on and itinerary worked out...i would like to join

Hey Guys,

Finally back from lovely trip to Leh Ladakh last week. Thank you very much for helping me plan the trip.

We had following itinerary:

Day 1: Reached Leh in the morning and stayed @Hotel tso kar then went to market and dinner in the evening
Day 2: Sham valley tour (magnetic hill, gurudwara, alchi, confluence, shanti stupa)
Day 3: left for Khardung la, camel ride, played with snow and diskit monastary and stayed overnight @hunder Olgok guest house and had dinner over there
Day 4: left for pangong tso via agham shok route and booked a place in Tangste @pangong residency and had dinner over there
Day 5: Left Tangste to Chumathang (hot water spring) and took changla route to karu to Chumathang next to hot water springs and stayed overnight in guest house
Day 6: went to Tso moriri and came back to Leh using Tso kar lake route to Manali-Leh highway via Tanglangla route (most scenic route) to karu to Leh & checked in @Hotel Tso kar in Leh
Day 7: 3 idiots school and shey palace with lots of shopping @market and had south indian meal @madras cafe in market and backed our bags for next day
Day 8: flight from Leh to Delhi to Mumbai... Vacation over...
Had awesome time and wonderful weather with lovely people all over.

Thanks to @Yogesh Sarkar & @gkapoor

Justtraveller

Hello
Congratulations for completing the trip successfully. Request you to throw some light on the following points
1. What are the rates for the hotels you stayed at Hunder and Tangste?Was it a advance booking or you booked after reaching the respective locations.

What is the road condition of Agham Shyok route?How much time it took to cover this route?

Regards

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Welcome back Mithun, looking forward to your travelogue. I am guessing no one bothered you while taking the Agham-Shyok route? Asking since there have been a handful of reports of cops bothering drivers.

Welcome back Mithun, looking forward to your travelogue. I am guessing no one bothered you while taking the Agham-Shyok route? Asking since there have been a handful of reports of cops bothering drivers.
Yes I will be writing travelogue soon...
No one bothered us while taking agham shyok route and it was totally safe to travel

Hello
Congratulations for completing the trip successfully. Request you to throw some light on the following points
1. What are the rates for the hotels you stayed at Hunder and Tangste?Was it a advance booking or you booked after reaching the respective locations.

What is the road condition of Agham Shyok route?How much time it took to cover this route?

Regards
1. Olgok guest house, Hunder: we paid 10K for 3 rooms inclusive of evening snacks, dinner and morning breakfast (I did advance booking by calling)
Pangong Residency, Tangste: we paid 7K for 3 rooms inclusive of lunch, dinner and morning breakfast (I booked on the spot after reaching there)

2. Roads were okay for most part of it apart from patches were it was bumpy and mostly due to relaying of roads. We took around 6 hours from hunder to reach Tangste with breaks for pictures.

Rakkesh

Hi Mithun, I read your Leh travelogue (April 2018). We will be going there on 20th April 2020. Ours Itinerary is similar to yours and wanted to know how much the Taxi costed to you for for Leh-Hunder-Tangste-TsoMrori-Leh (4 days). Also was this relaxed experience for you or you felt that this whole circuit should be for 5 days?
1. Olgok guest house, Hunder: we paid 10K for 3 rooms inclusive of evening snacks, dinner and morning breakfast (I did advance booking by calling)
Pangong Residency, Tangste: we paid 7K for 3 rooms inclusive of lunch, dinner and morning breakfast (I booked on the spot after reaching there)

2. Roads were okay for most part of it apart from patches were it was bumpy and mostly due to relaying of roads. We took around 6 hours from hunder to reach Tangste with breaks for pictures.