Ladakh in May 2015 - A dream fulfilled

Jawahar

A great travelogue. Thoroughly enjoyed every episode. The ground-level shots of the people in Shikaras are wonderful. Reminded me of my visit to the lakes some 10-12 years back when I had a film camera. Moving through the water-lanes of old Srinagar can be a very gratifying and yet a frightening experience. I agree with you about people being hostile. Somehow you don't feel free over there. There is something in the atmosphere now and you feel to get out of the place as early as possible. May be it's only me?

Chetan Kulkarni

Super User
Super movie. Awsome narration. Great shots of our kashmiri folks. Loved each one of them. Thanks for making our eye-balls roll over and over again.
Thank you for the appreciation

A great travelogue. Thoroughly enjoyed every episode. The ground-level shots of the people in Shikaras are wonderful. Reminded me of my visit to the lakes some 10-12 years back when I had a film camera. Moving through the water-lanes of old Srinagar can be a very gratifying and yet a frightening experience. I agree with you about people being hostile. Somehow you don't feel free over there. There is something in the atmosphere now and you feel to get out of the place as early as possible. May be it's only me?
Thanks Jawahar. On the people front it is a mixed bag. There are folks who were really friendly. And I am not just referring to the owner of the houseboat and his staff. They really went out of the way to make us feel comfortable.

But even people in the lakes. Some ladies in the shikaras also greeted and said hello to my wife. And they were not selling anything :)

On the flip side some folks could drill a hole with their stares. The drivers of Kashmir certainly seemed to have a chip on their shoulder. I don't know what it is. One really cannot know without being in the person's shoes.

But the untouched Kashmir is gone. Even when I had a long impromptu chat with Sami, who owns the houseboat, he was also lamenting the commercialization of the place. Yes there are untouched places like Gurez, etc. But how long will it stay that way?

arinhere

miles to go be4 I sleep
Chetan bhai...apne to emotional kar diya ;)

But very beautifully written and very well choreographed log ..... i enjoyed every bit of it.....thanks again :)