Ladakh in november

sandeep0

Hi,
I'm planning to travel to ladakh on 11th November with 3 others. I'm planning to visit Nubra valley, Diskit Monastery, Pangong Tso, Khardungla Pass if possible etc. I'm aware of the winter and will prepare accordingly for that. How much should I expect the budget to be Vehicle and Home Stay, Also if anyone has any leads in terms of a good and reasonable driver they have travelled before with, and good home stays that will be open at that time.?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Hi,
I'm planning to travel to ladakh on 11th November with 3 others. I'm planning to visit Nubra valley, Diskit Monastery, Pangong Tso, Khardungla Pass if possible etc. I'm aware of the winter and will prepare accordingly for that. How much should I expect the budget to be Vehicle and Home Stay, Also if anyone has any leads in terms of a good and reasonable driver they have travelled before with, and good home stays that will be open at that time.?
Taxi rate is the same throughout the year, you might be able to bargain a better deal. Get in touch with Inder (+919906971501), he will give you a quote based on your itinerary. Majority of the home stays will be closed, since running water is not available unless the place has central air conditioning. You might be able to find a few open ones, but my suggestion would be to opt for a centrally heated hotel in Leh eg. Tso Kar, Omsila etc. and in Nubra you can always stay at Habib Guest House.

nadz11.ns

Super User
Per day charges are atrocious and they generally rent it out on sector basis. So unless you need taxi for shooting or to be with you whole day, no point hiring on per day basis.
Okay okay.
So say, if one wants to visit Nubra and Pangong in December, what could be the charges for the trip?

Also, do we have to pay for the drivers accommodation/food?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Okay okay.
So say, if one wants to visit Nubra and Pangong in December, what could be the charges for the trip?

Also, do we have to pay for the drivers accommodation/food?
You can find the rate list here, Ladakh Taxi Union. Generally you get a discount of around 15% on these rates by negotiating with the drivers.

Accommodation is free, food at hotel is also not charged but en route you will have to pay for it. Though some of the drivers like to pay for themselves as well.