Ladakh Inner Line Permit

sambaroda

yogesh sir i am traveling with my kids. my planned itinerary is from sonmarg- kargil- dah and hanu ( VIA BATALIK) -lamayuru-leh
as for other places i need not take ILP but as i will go dah via BATALIK will i need ILP for BATALIK?
i can get it from LEH DC office or KARGIL DC office?

sambaroda

as per april 2014 circular dah/ hanu/ nubra/hunder ILP requirement waived off. but I am confused as BATALIK will come on my route and it is mentioned that for Batalik sector you need ILP.

ravi200223

Super User
yogesh sir i am traveling with my kids. my planned itinerary is from sonmarg- kargil- dah and hanu ( VIA BATALIK) -lamayuru-leh
as for other places i need not take ILP but as i will go dah via BATALIK will i need ILP for BATALIK?
i can get it from LEH DC office or KARGIL DC office?
recently I cover my trip in sep-October. Batalic-Dah road was closed. ILP is mandatory from this route and you can take it from DC office kargil.

sambaroda

thanks ravi and yogesh sir
i m planning for august 2016
as i was starting on 13 aug from srinagar and14 aug at kargil sunday when DC office will be closed.so i was thinking to start on 12 august so that i will be at kargil on sat.
or can i get permission from travel agent of Leh or have to search from Kargil only ?? if any idea. so that my time will be saved.
i need to go personally for permission or travel agent can do for me?

ravi200223

Super User
thanks ravi and yogesh sir
i m planning for august 2016
as i was starting on 13 aug from srinagar and14 aug at kargil sunday when DC office will be closed.so i was thinking to start on 12 august so that i will be at kargil on sat.
or can i get permission from travel agent of Leh or have to search from Kargil only ?? if any idea. so that my time will be saved.
i need to go personally for permission or travel agent can do for me?
best for you you can hire a agent to get permission.
otherwise when you will reached kargil then if you go zanskar then you can talk to your hotel owner to arrange ILP.
Note that DC office will open 10.30 A.M

sambaroda

thanks again ravi.
should i understand from your talk that no need to go personally at kargil DC office?
you are right than i will outsource it to one agent to make it easy.
if batalik - dah not open i have to go via mulbekh - lamayuru road.