Ladakh Inner Line Permit

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Issuance of permit is under state government as well (total 3 authorities in Leh can issue permit, including DC.) However the ILP procedure itself would be under the purview of MHA, maybe Koshy sir or some one with knowledge of this can reply.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Issuance of permit is under state government as well (total 3 authorities in Leh can issue permit, including DC.) However the ILP procedure itself would be under the purview of MHA, maybe Koshy sir or some one with knowledge of this can reply.
The Inner line permit law states that the areas within 10kms of the border are "inner line" as per MHA. Before this 10kms line, state govt can make any guidelines. I think that's the reason this circular only permits "some routes"

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Maybe, maybe not. All I know is, only one out 3 competent authorities in Leh for issuance of permit is under state government.

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
Will the Manali taxis now drop tourists at the cut for Tso Moriri allowing Ladakhi taxis to take over? :/

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Well just checked with a few contacts, this should stand, unless it gets challenged by another party. So hopefully we are good to go on this, though I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

ahashmi06

The circular regarding ILP regulation for indian nationals has been uploaded on leh website
http://leh.nic.in/Minutes%20of%20meeting/innerlinepermit.pdf

Dear All,

I heard and read somewhere that ILP (Inner Line Permit) is not required for restricted area of Ladakh from May 2014. Is it right, if yes then this is really a good new for all Indian traveller.:)

Bhaskar