Landscapes

dichkaun

Kumaon Backroads
------------------------

A narrow backroad amidst the monsoon greenery near Manela, Uttarakhand, India

Day one of the ride to Spiti and the road to Almora from Nainital was closed due to landslide. While I could have taken the Ranikhet-Gairsain road to Karnaprayag, for some reason I wanted to take the Gwaldum road. So I diverted towards Ranikhet and then took various backroads to reach Someshwar. From there it was a normal route to Kausani and Gwaldum.

I was glad that I took that route for it took me though some beautiful valleys of Kumaon. Post monsoons, the paddy is turning slightly brown in preparation for cultivation. Rivers and streams are full of water gurgling down the hills.

Link: Kumaon Backroads

Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + 14-42mm, F/10, 1/120s, ISO200

This picture is from the Spiti Bike Ride which is blogged at: 2400Km of Solo Spiti Sauntering – Compendium

adsatinder

explorer

Kumaon Backroads
------------------------

A narrow backroad amidst the monsoon greenery near Manela, Uttarakhand, India

Day one of the ride to Spiti and the road to Almora from Nainital was closed due to landslide. While I could have taken the Ranikhet-Gairsain road to Karnaprayag, for some reason I wanted to take the Gwaldum road. So I diverted towards Ranikhet and then took various backroads to reach Someshwar. From there it was a normal route to Kausani and Gwaldum.

I was glad that I took that route for it took me though some beautiful valleys of Kumaon. Post monsoons, the paddy is turning slightly brown in preparation for cultivation. Rivers and streams are full of water gurgling down the hills.

Link: Kumaon Backroads

Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + 14-42mm, F/10, 1/120s, ISO200

This picture is from the Spiti Bike Ride which is blogged at: 2400Km of Solo Spiti Sauntering – Compendium
Google Co-ordinates ?
Near Manila ?