Landscapes

dichkaun

Temple Reflections
-------------------
A small reflect in the high altitude Dhankar Lake near Dhankar Fort in Spiti valley, Himanchal Pradesh.

A thousand feet climb on the hill opposite the Dhankar Monastery and one finds himself in solitude on the banks of this small lake. One one side rise the towering mountains capped with snow and on the other a steep drop to the Spiti Valley.

I had woken up early for the early morning walk to the lake from the Monastery (where I was staying) before any other soul stirred. The three dogs who got startled as I open the door, ungrudging accompanied me on the walk up to the lake. Taking my time going up, I occasionally stopping to take in the rising sun shower its blessings on the monastery and the village below. The lake itself was devoid of any human presence except a small temple and a notice board. While the water levels were quite low, the surroundings reflected well on the calm water.

This picture was taken while I was lying down on the banks of the lake, enjoying the balmy sun and a morning nap.

Link: Temple Reflections

Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + 14-42mm, F/8, 1/400s, ISO200, Sep 8th, 2017

Spiti Valley Ride Travelog: 2400Km of Solo Spiti Sauntering – Compendium