Laptop

paddy1428

paddy428
I want buy new laptop, everything is new about to me , so please suggest which company, & wt configuration should i have to go,

Budget is aprox: 30 to 35 K

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Acer 4740, if you are looking for feature packed no nonsense machine.
Dell Inspiron 14 for slightly higher budget with best onsite warranty and brand name.

lucifer

The Dark Lord of the Sith
Yesterday I bought a Lenovo G450. Cost me Rs. 25,500. I opted for zero software which would otherwise probably have added about 4-5k to the price.

Config: 2GB DDR3 RAM; 250GB Hard Disk; Intel Core 2.2 Duo

Here is the screenshot of the desktop.

Screenshot.jpg

I am using Ubuntu 10.04. It runs pretty neat. I have installed MS Office 2007 on it through WINE. I tested this installation thoroughly on my Desktop to satisfy myself that this indeed works. It does. :) MS Office works as well (or as badly) as it does on Windows. Just make sure you use the latest version of WINE. Photoshop and Flash also work brilliantly through WINE.

Prince Cruise

Yesterday I bought a Lenovo G450. Cost me Rs. 25,500.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04...
Sorry OT:

:shock:, G450 at 25,000, prices have gone seriously down, I bought the one for my girl 6 months before at 34,000, pheww.
By the way did Ubuntu come pre-installed? because I heard recently along with Dell some other manufacturers started shipping their laptops with Linux pre-installed, I can't be much happier :) .

hacket

Old school
^OT again, You can get ubuntu shipped to your door at free of cost from here
https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

For a budget of 30k+ you can pick up a Dell inspiron series laptop. turbohead has already explained why.

Recently I picked a acer 8XXX series for my pal for 25K. C2D proccy with 2 gig ram and 250gig HDD w/o OS. What this laptop scores over dell is weight and sleekness.

Prince Cruise

^OT again, You can get ubuntu shipped to your door at free of cost from here...
He He I know that Sire,thanks,I don't use Ubuntu anyways, I'm a Redhat/Fedora/CentOS dev/loyalist from very long :grin:, though testing Linux Mint9 from some time.

Back to topic, paddy1428 : I don't know why but Acer seems to be a good choice under the budget given by you, they provide much in less budget.

lucifer

The Dark Lord of the Sith
Sorry OT:

By the way did Ubuntu come pre-installed? because I heard recently along with Dell some other manufacturers started shipping their laptops with Linux pre-installed, I can't be much happier :) .
No, my laptop came with nothing but some version of linux masquerading as DOS. I did the ubuntu install. But yes, Dell has started shipping linux laptops. So have IBM. I don't think they do it in India though.