Learning to work in Lightroom

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Just wanted to check from the forum which version or shall I say avatar of Lightroom you are using?

Lightroom CC (based on subscription model) or standalone lightroom 6 single download?

I am looking to get one soon. Sharing your experiences will help in the purchase.
Amit, Adobe or for that matter all software companies are moving towards cloud/subscription-based model. Adobe released the new "Dehaze" feature for CC customers a few months after LR 6 was released. Call it a marketing gimmick, but yes CC version would be getting better and new features earlier.
I have been using LR CC. I like to have and use latest available tools in LR.

iamsomnath

Where is the remote?
In fact I bought the licenses using my son's school identity card. Adobe used to sell full-feature licenses at a fraction of a cost to bonafide students. No restrictions on features or usability was imposed. In fact it was a no brainer. It is called "student teacher edition". The LR cost me about 3k and CS 6 was around 9k. Multi machine too.

amitw79

Super User
Amit, Adobe or for that matter all software companies are moving towards cloud/subscription-based model. Adobe released the new "Dehaze" feature for CC customers a few months after LR 6 was released. Call it a marketing gimmick, but yes CC version would be getting better and new features earlier.
I have been using LR CC. I like to have and use latest available tools in LR.
I just searched and found that there are free third party plugins replicating the Dehaze tool.
Anyways, I might subscribe for couple of months and see how it goes.

In fact I bought the licenses using my son's school identity card. Adobe used to sell full-feature licenses at a fraction of a cost to bonafide students. No restrictions on features or usability was imposed. In fact it was a no brainer. It is called "student teacher edition". The LR cost me about 3k and CS 6 was around 9k. Multi machine too.
I would have been interested as well in this offer only if it was still available. Could have used my niece's credentials.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans?promoid=VBF1KRH4&mv=other&store_code=ca

At this link subscription cost per month for individual and Student/Teacher is same for Lightroom+Photoshop CC.
Only difference in pricing is for all apps subscription.
No special pricing on standalone licence :(

Last edited:

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Anyone seen this singapore based site?

https://securedgen.com/

price for the software seems unreal and hence raises the doubt.
I have not heard about this website.
Website doesn't list any local Singapore number
The photo of office posted on the website is either fake or very old. There are a lot of buildings in the actual frame but not seen in the picture posted.
Office is right opposite to mine. I can check this in Lunch time

amitw79

Super User
I have not heard about this website.
Website doesn't list any local Singapore number
The photo of office posted on the website is either fake or very old. There are a lot of buildings in the actual frame but not seen in the picture posted.
Office is right opposite to mine. I can check this in Lunch time
Thanks Anukr Bhai. The website is most likely a scam.
Found another website with similar layout and similar unrealistic pricing. http://zbxdsqfskkumpyey.softstorehouse.com/

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Scenario
A relative of mine is visiting me. I went out sightseeing with them. I clicked all photos in RAW using nikon D750 (My mistake, should have switched to JPEG) . I do not have time to edit and process the images. Out of the camera RAW look flat with low contrast. All images are people photograph so not much editing is needed. All I want is small +/-exposure, + contrast/variance, +sharpening etc

Question
1) What is the best way to process all images at once using a standard profile? If I am able to replicate Nikon's inbuilt RAW to JPEG, that should be enough for me. OR any other alternative?
2) I do not want to apply flat contrast/Exposure to all images as not all images need a similar level of editing.
3) Last resort will be to use Nikon own software/ try converting to JPEG in camera itself. But I want to use Lightroom as the first choice.