Legendary Bullet 500. First 50 kilometers review.

And that my friends is MY ANGRY BULL raging through the streets as i continue to do the runin process to expose the engine to the speed of 120 KMPH. 120+ish KMPH touched through strategic running in. Keep in mind and observe one thing, throughout the video, i have not opened the opened the throttle beyond 3/4th when accelerating from slugish speeds to 80ish after i reach 80+ i reduce the throttle to half give a few pulses in the last gear and let the engine do the miracle on the video. Hope I can get the HD camera mounted soon and the BULL starts to gallop at 140+. Needless to say that when the needle points straight up it is at 80 KMPH. My next stage is to run-in the engine for 130 KMPH in short bursts progressively.

OOps here is the link for the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OgmLZuFWYo&feature=share&list=PLrBwBEwD3uUjNG7mCB6dHn0aTWFGvLjzK

and please do not forget to click on the ad once and close. it helps me make more videos using better equipment with reviews and tutorials.

Last edited:
Recently had been busy on lot of stuff including the curse of Hr professionals, the financial year end. however I did make a point to continue my quest to the perfect throwover saddle bag. I did pick up RMCO dual saddle bag which was never delivered, I then went to City center in raipur and saw wildcraft saddle bags, held it in my hands and I felt they were so flimsy that I may tear it if I just hold it a bit tight with my hands. Promptly handed over the bags carefully to the stall keeper and returned home. Finally I remembered the Maximus from sans.inc, I was skeptical on this as well but to my amaze everything went as planned, this bag I believe is the largest in the class. For a fair idea, it is as big as a trunk that is allowed in flight. Not just the bag but this package as promised in the website included a pair of free rain covers, one for each saddlebag. I have attached the first glimpse of size comparison.
Soon I will be uploading a video of how much luggage by weight and absolute volume can the bag carry, and on how will the bag be fitted on the motorcycle.

The nylon strip on any saddle bags is erosive for the paints on the rear fenders. So I have devised a small solution to avoid such issues, and I shall include the same in the video as well.
DSCF0077.jpg
DSCF0078.jpg
DSCF0079.jpg
DSCF0080.jpg
DSCF0081.jpg

I have also spoken to Ikvinder Devagan from Delhi for a set of low riding seat with backrest. Hopefully he can design it. He has informed me that he will try to do it by this week if he can get some time from among tight scheduled modifications he already has. If he is not able to do that due to his schedule I may possibly ask saurabh, to help me in the same. And hope he will be able to do that specific custom seat for me.

Finally after an ordeal of one and a half moths roughly, i got my stuff delivered and here is a sneak peek of the items that were delivered. I cant wait to get it fitted on the bull rightaway.

First off, the packages that arrived. They were well packed and after i opened i did not find any damages in the transit.
20140308_103143.jpg

20140308_103337-1.jpg

20140308_103102.jpg

1. The phone case
20140308_103641-1.jpg

Along side a standard 30cm ruler to give the perspective of the size
20140308_103847-1.jpg

the thickness of the case. also please note you cant see the zipper. the design of the case is really good and sturdy.
However at the moment the runner looks a bit flumsy. The manufacturer claims the case to be water proof. After inspecting the case i doubt the claim, however i can be rest assured that this case even though cant be waterproof, can be a good water resistant case and definitely a dustproof option.

IMG-20140308-WA0001-1.jpg

Transparency of the covering of the case with the phone inside the case. the touch sensitivity of the screen isn't much affected.
IMG-20140308-WA0000-1.jpg

The stem of the cellphone holder is pretty strong and well built.

Only thing that sets this product a little back is that the latch provided at the back of the stem where the case gets fitted is way too loose and the phone can just fall off at slightest bump on the ride.

2. The cellphone charger.
20140308_104713-1.jpg

The step-down converter is in a sealed compartment and is water proof. great news.
20140308_104846-1.jpg

The USB female port at the business end of the charger is solid. and the wires used is also of excellent quality. Just for the purpose of your understanding i have fitted the OEM data cable from samsung to the business end of this charger and it fits snuggly and also from the picture you can make out the gauge of the wire used is on par with OEM datacable quality.

With more support and requests i will be soon shifting to make professional video reviews with demo. please do share my blog reviews and support me in reviewing more and more products so that i can assist you in making good use of your money.

Vishal4676

Hai Jihaasa Vairagi sir
I am new one in this column ...
I have some little bit confusion that which bullet I opt to buy in between Royal Standard 350 or classic 350 ....
And I have not ao much knowledge just like you ...
So plz resolve my confusion with your little bit experience plz...

And I thing sir plz that I am a 5.10 in ch tall guy with slim body ...
And always want to drive Heavy bikes...

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
Hai Jihaasa Vairagi sir
I am new one in this column ...
I have some little bit confusion that which bullet I opt to buy in between Royal Standard 350 or classic 350 ....
And I have not ao much knowledge just like you ...
So plz resolve my confusion with your little bit experience plz...

And I thing sir plz that I am a 5.10 in ch tall guy with slim body ...
And always want to drive Heavy bikes...
Brother at 5 Feet 8 inch I am riding my Bullet 500 without any hassle in NCR traffic. Why u are worrying???? Choose Classic350 over STD350 because Self Start and Disc brake is todays need. Even most of the time I kick start my Bullet 500 but still I recommend you Classic 350.

Vishal4676

Which colour I opt in model 350 classic tell me that Chestnut Colour good from your review plz tell...
And I want to know one thing that after some time can I modify my Handle of classic 350 by the handle of Standard 350 and Also if I don't get in comfort zone while driving can I also replace the seat of classic 350 by the seat of Standard or Electra plz conform.....
Brother at 5 Feet 8 inch I am riding my Bullet 500 without any hassle in NCR traffic. Why u are worrying???? Choose Classic350 over STD350 because Self Start and Disc brake is todays need. Even most of the time I kick start my Bullet 500 but still I recommend you Classic 350.

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
Which colour I opt in model 350 classic tell me that Chestnut Colour good from your review plz tell...

Buddy you can select any colour of your choice. RE paint quality is very good. If I have to buy Classic 350 then definitely I will choose Chestnut or Ash white colour.

And I want to know one thing that after some time can I modify my Handle of classic 350 by the handle of Standard 350 and Also if I don't get in comfort zone while driving can I also replace the seat of classic 350 by the seat of Standard or Electra plz conform.....

On Royal Enfield you can do whatever you want as per your comfort zone. Everything is available. Even in my society parking area every royal enfield have something unique.

Kelvin23

Many congratulations on owning a legendary bike and yes nice name!! Make sure to add all the attractive accessories and safety measures to keep it moving in the long run. Enjoy the enthralling and long rides...