Leh Hotels Open In Winter

Indizen

Oriental guest house
Shanti guest house

Both near Shanti Stupa are open all year round.

Please post your reccomended places to stay during winter, along with rates, facilities and location.
Do they offer off season discounts?

Please share your experiences of Leh in winters.

Indizen

Please help me with this info, as the only place that seems to be open is Shanti Guest House.
Which mid range hotels are open in November?

rkbharat

Guru
both Shanti and Oriental are open in winter. Shanti does not have central heating but only gas heaters.

Oriental have central heating but heating process is very slow.

There are couple of more hotels which remain open in winter. Namgyal was open this January but they charge around 5000 INR per night.

Oriental charged 1800 and Shanti GH charged 800 INR this January.

Better food options in Oriental.

Indizen

both Shanti and Oriental are open in winter. Shanti does not have central heating but only gas heaters.

Oriental have central heating but heating process is very slow.

There are couple of more hotels which remain open in winter. Namgyal was open this January but they charge around 5000 INR per night.

Oriental charged 1800 and Shanti GH charged 800 INR this January.

Better food options in Oriental.
Oriental is closing on 31st October.
Padma Hotel too.

Shanti GH will remain open.

I was hoping to find a decent mid range hotel with central heating etc
I have a long list of hotels (from Tripadvisor.co.in ) which I called up and all are closed in winter.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Oriental is closing? Did you call them or a travel agent? Because as far as I know, they live there so don't close the hotel, just like Shanti.

rkbharat

Guru
Oriental is closing? Did you call them or a travel agent? Because as far as I know, they live there so don't close the hotel, just like Shanti.
AFAIK, they never close, they have a huge clientele for Chadar trek in winter.

- - - Updated - - -

Oriental is closing on 31st October.
Padma Hotel too.

Shanti GH will remain open.

I was hoping to find a decent mid range hotel with central heating etc
I have a long list of hotels (from Tripadvisor.co.in ) which I called up and all are closed in winter.
You can trust more on BCMT than on tripadvisor :) . Go for oriental, call them directly. let me know if you need there numbers