Leh on Nexon

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
During our drive to Ladakh, we enjoyed our stay at The Sonaugi - Homestead, near Naggar, HP, amidst forest, located a few hundred metres below the motorable road, accessible only by trekking. The cottage, the food, the surroundings, all are excellent. Driving on the steep, narrow approach road was adventurous too.

SHEKHAR 257

Be a Good person but Don't try to Prove.
Awesome Ravi Sir. Please add some narration other than captioning. Waiting for detailed updates.

One more query Sir. How do you compare your travel to Leh on Linea vs the Purple Cheetah? Pros & Cons.?

Which is best, Cheetah or HEXA or Compass in case you have got hands on them.

Last edited:

J.Ravi

Awesome Ravi Sir.
Thanks for the appreciation, SHEKHAR 257.

How do you compare your travel to Leh on Linea vs the Purple Cheetah? Pros & Cons.?
While Linea struggled and got beaten up on the potholes, craters, water-crossings, boulderers, gravelly rough roads, P Cheetah swallowed them easily, thanks to the extra ground clearance and powerful mHawk engine. But, while P Cheetah suffered a puncture, detected and repaired at Leh, Linea managed without a puncture!

Which is best, Cheetah or HEXA or Compass in case you have got hands on them.
I have not test-driven T Hexa or J Compass. But, I see many dummy buttons on the steering wheel of the latter. Even the top variant costing ₹ 25 lakhs on-road, essential features like cruise control, hill-descent/hill-hold control, etc. are missing. Apart from the two, I like T Nexon, which is vfm for ₹ 10 lakhs. :)

SHEKHAR 257

Thanks for the appreciation, SHEKHAR 257.

While Linea struggled and got beaten up on the potholes, craters, water-crossings, boulderers, gravelly rough roads, P Cheetah swallowed them easily, thanks to the extra ground clearance and powerful mHawk engine. But, while P Cheetah suffered a puncture, detected and repaired at Leh, Linea managed without a puncture!

I have not test-driven T Hexa or J Compass. But, I see many dummy buttons on the steering wheel of the latter. Even the top variant costing ₹ 25 lakhs on-road, essential features like cruise control, hill-descent/hill-hold control, etc. are missing. Apart from the two, I like T Nexon, which is vfm for ₹ 10 lakhs. :)
Compass & Nexon are ruled out because they are 5 seaters. I required 6-7 seater to travel with my family including parents.
So XUV & HEXA are the only options left. Innova is very costly.

J.Ravi

New Delhi>Manali>Naggar

Purple Cheetah took complete rest on 9 July 2017. We travelled by Delhi Metro on Violet/Yellow/Blue line routes from Lajpat Nagar metro station to India Gate, Rajiv Chowk, Bikanervala, where we had lunch and Karol Bagh, where I bought two sets registration number plates for my XUV 500 and my son's i20 Active.

DSC08042.JPG
DSC08044.JPG
DSC08056.JPG
DSC08058.JPG
DSC08062.JPG
DSC08066.JPG
DSC08072.JPG
DSC08073.JPG
DSC08086.JPG
DSC08095.JPG
DSC08096.JPG
DSC08106.JPG
DSC08111.JPG
DSC08113.JPG
DSC08114.JPG
DSC08116.JPG
DSC08117.JPG
DSC08118.JPG
DSC08125.JPG
DSC08127.JPG
DSC08137.JPG
DSC08141.JPG
DSC08143.JPG
DSC08144.JPG

mahapatra.prabhanjan

I see many dummy buttons on the steering wheel of the latter. Even the top variant costing ₹ 25 lakhs on-road, essential features like cruise control, hill-descent/hill-hold control, etc. are missing. Apart from the two, I like T Nexon, which is vfm for ₹ 10 lakhs. :)
Compass do have hill hold and descent feature. Cruise control is missing. But overall performance especially off roading is much better as compared to Indian cars. Engine smoothness is a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHEKHAR 257

Awesome Ravi Sir. Where is the homestay exactly located? How do you find such secluded accommodation?

Nice Captures.