Little Tibet Garden Restaurant, Pushkar

Discussion in 'Restaurants and Dhaba reviews' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

While on our recent trip to Pushkar, we stayed at the Payal Guesthouse, which also has a lovely Garden Restaurant called, Little Tibet Garden Restaurant.

Even though it is located in the middle of Sadar Bazar in Pushkar and streets around it are chockablock during fair time, due to the design, it feels a little bit isolated from all the hustle and bustle, and somewhat peaceful. Add to that, ambiance is also somewhat peaceful, complete with the photographs of Tibetan Spiritual Leader, Dalai Lama.

[​IMG]

However service is a little slow and couple of waiters can be best described as plain rude, especially towards their Indian customers and thus qualifying for no tips whatsoever. Food is good and at least one waiter had the gray cells to behave in courteous manner and has a sense of humor.

Coming back to the food, it was mostly good, especially when it came to Chilly Paneer, Sizzler, Falafel and Kashmiri Pulao. Pizza on the other hand wasn’t all that good and its bread felt more like a roti than proper pizza bread and also sweet lassi wasn’t all that great.

Icing on the cake is the fact that everything is priced decently. Here are a few photographs of the food we had there:

Kashmiri Pulao

[​IMG]

Chilly Paneer

[​IMG]

Pizza

[​IMG]

2. Alpha

Alpha Going to Neverland

uff !! Kashmiri Pulao.. love it..:D

3. Yogesh Sarkar

And it was delicious, though quantity was a little low.

4. DKay

DKay Super User

So any Tibetan dishes (read Momo's) available at the Tibet Garden?? Is it only veg or do they serve Non-veg dishes also??

Regards

5. Yogesh Sarkar

I think I saw Thupka listed there, not sure about momos.

Non-vegetarian food isn't allowed during fair time.

6. anupmathur

anupmathur Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice review, YS! :)

Though I think it ironic that Rajasthan cannot come up with a name more appropriate than Little Tibet Garden Restaurant! :rolleyes:
    And then to serve only veggie fare is shame compounded! :eek:

7. Yogesh Sarkar

Sir you can't expect to be served non vegetarian food during one of Hinduism's most important fairs, and that too at a place which has the first and last Brahma Temple in the world! Also there is no liquor sold during the fair time either!

As for the name, well I sort of agree and believe me, that Tibetan theme was purely for marketing purpose :D

8. bhuwan singh

bhuwan singh Guru

NO Liquor NO Non veg around the year

9. Yogesh Sarkar

Are you sure sir, if I remember correctly, in 2008 there was a theka on the outskirts of Pushkar Village and it was supposed to be closed once the fair started.

10. DKay

DKay Super User

I think we need to re-confirm the above. There seems to be another Brahma Temple in India in Thanjavur district of Tamil Naidu. Well atleast the Wiki page seems to suggest this.

But yeah, I do support the ban of sale of Liquor and Non-veg in Pushkar during fair time due to religious sentiments!!

But what I do not like is the name of the restaurant just for marketing purpose. I would take that as cheating!!!