Long weekend trip to Tarkarli

santanu

Good T-log.
Read this in one stretch.
For Rear brake shoe to fail, how many km [total mileage] had you clocked in your car?
Thanks !!!!

I had driven 5000-6000 km before changing it again. But it had a history. In September, 2018; I went to Jodhpur. There, I experienced the problem of rear break shoe. But before getting it changed, it created some mark on the disc. Anyway, after changing the break pad, I completed my tour comfortably and came back to Mumbai. After that, I got my vehicle serviced. I forgot to mention this issue to them. Neither they told me anything. In November, 2018; I completed Hampi trip without any problem. Then while doing Tarkarli trip, I faced problem. In between, I drove more than 5000 km. I guess because of the brake disc surface, the break pad worn out fast. This is completely mu guess. No way, I am an expert on this subject.

deepam

Super User
Thanks !!!!

I had driven 5000-6000 km before changing it again. But it had a history. In September, 2018; I went to Jodhpur. There, I experienced the problem of rear break shoe. But before getting it changed, it created some mark on the disc. Anyway, after changing the break pad, I completed my tour comfortably and came back to Mumbai. After that, I got my vehicle serviced. I forgot to mention this issue to them. Neither they told me anything. In November, 2018; I completed Hampi trip without any problem. Then while doing Tarkarli trip, I faced problem. In between, I drove more than 5000 km. I guess because of the brake disc surface, the break pad worn out fast. This is completely mu guess. No way, I am an expert on this subject.
+++++++++++++
Santanu,
5000 -6000 km of your pads are wearing so fast; then there is an issue somewhere you need to better it checked.
In anyway the brake pads should come for 20-25k km. Anything less needs to be thoroughly examined.
you were lucky to get the part from Kolhapur. Else it would have been a problem!
Rough surface of the disc does make brake pads wear faster.

santanu

+++++++++++++
Santanu,
5000 -6000 km of your pads are wearing so fast; then there is an issue somewhere you need to better it checked.
In anyway the brake pads should come for 20-25k km. Anything less needs to be thoroughly examined.
you were lucky to get the part from Kolhapur. Else it would have been a problem!
Rough surface of the disc does make brake pads wear faster.
For Pajero Sport, typically break pads last for ~ 15000 km. This time, because rough disk surface, it worn out faster. In next servicing, I need to get the break disc checked throughly.

shashant

Do you guys recommend a quick break to Tarkarli next week (starting from pune). Or will It be too hot over there.
I will be travelling with family.

santanu

Do you guys recommend a quick break to Tarkarli next week (starting from pune). Or will It be too hot over there.
I will be travelling with family.
It will be hot. But I guess, still you can do it. Avoid going to beaches from 11am to 4 pm