Looking for good term Insurance

From the past few months, I have been on the look-out for good term insurances.
Initially I was planning to get one worth 1Cr. but after some thought, it seems, ~50L would be good for now. May be, down the line, I can get one more.

I would prefer an online insurance, mainly for the cost factor.
Some companies, like HDFC say, for people less than 30yrs, and an insurance of 50L, no medical is required. Me being '85 born, fall in this bracket.

After doing some basic R'nD I think, these are the ones that look good to me:

What do you guys think, which one of these look good to you?
What are the things I should keep in mind while choosing one ?
What are the medical tests that are usually done for a term insurance?

I have almost NO knowledge of the insurance aspects so any suggestion would be welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

No suggestions here? :(

Last edited:

sanuroxz

Super User
Big No to Religare and the most cheated one Birla Sunlife ... also anything related to Citi bank.. i lost 60K
just imagine..

Big No to Religare and the most cheated one Birla Sunlife ... also anything related to Citi bank.. i lost 60K
just imagine..
I don't think CITI has any such product.
After going through the claim-settlement data on IRDA's website my thoughts are similar to your's, NO TO Religare.

Based on the data on IRDA's website, I think I have to choose from either HDFC or ICICI.

My experience with HDFC have been very good but that's limited only to their Credit Card services.

Waiting for more inputs/suggestions!

sanuroxz

Super User
CIti dont have any direct Insurance.. some other companies are tied to Citi to sell their product.. Citi's profit in this deal is custoimer has to pay usign Citi's Credit card ..as if you will take the insurance you will get some Biscuits like offer from Citi and the Insurance company..
Birla Sun Life is one of the provider for Citi.. and some more are their..

Take your own time read properly... and decide... Its my honest suggestion...

I don't think CITI has any such product.
After going through the claim-settlement data on IRDA's website my thoughts are similar to your's, NO TO Religare.

Based on the data on IRDA's website, I think I have to choose from either HDFC or ICICI.

My experience with HDFC have been very good but that's limited only to their Credit Card services.

Waiting for more inputs/suggestions!

CIti dont have any direct Insurance.. some other companies are tied to Citi to sell their product.. Citi's profit in this deal is custoimer has to pay usign Citi's Credit card ..as if you will take the insurance you will get some Biscuits like offer from Citi and the Insurance company..
Birla Sun Life is one of the provider for Citi.. and some more are their..

Take your own time read properly... and decide... Its my honest suggestion...
That's what I have been doing and I guess, its time to take the plunge now!

What about your 60K loss? CITI screwed it up?

sanuroxz

Super User
Dont ask brother...
Initially they will make you feel like heaven.. bot when you will be in real need of life they will suck your blood..
60K for me is a huge amount i am not a richie rich..
Mere khud ki khun pasine ki kamayi hai...
kaisa laga hoga socho...

That's what I have been doing and I guess, its time to take the plunge now!

What about your 60K loss? CITI screwed it up?

Dont ask brother...
Initially they will make you feel like heaven.. bot when you will be in real need of life they will suck your blood..
60K for me is a huge amount i am not a richie rich..
Mere khud ki khun pasine ki kamayi hai...
kaisa laga hoga socho...
In this industry, almost all the players are more or less same.

Did not you take it up with the IRDA ?