Looking for good term Insurance

I'm aware of that ,need to exit couple of those which I took in the initial years into the job..moving to ELSS now. But I'm also looking to buy a term insurance and was wondering if these need to be disclosed.

Also Max life has a pretty good settlement ratio and is considerably cheaper than HDFC ,SBI , ICICI etc . It it a reliable option or should I go for HDFC C2P?
When I did my research few months back, I found AeR & HDFC to be among the best. But anyway, it all depends on how honestly you declare.
IRDA is very strict about claim settlement so, if your claim is genuine, cannot be rejected!

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Yesterday, the HDFC guys over the phone, informed that medicals are done if the SA is more than 50L and hence suggested me to take a policy with SA of 51L but now their online chat support says the following:

Medical test will not be conducted if all the below 3 criteria is met :-

1. The age of the life assured is less than or equal to 45 years
2. The Sum Assured is below 75 lakhs
3. The person does not have any Negative medical history.

If any of the above points are not fulfilled then the life assured (LA) would have to go for the medicals.
should I do now? Take the policy for 50L-51L without medicals (I would prefer medicals to be done)? Anything else?

Well in that case check for other companies like Max (I may buy a plan soon from them), Reliance, ICICI or SBI. Medicals may help you stay out of trouble when a claim is made so its better to go for it.

BTW if you are eligible go for 75L with HDFC as there isn't a huge difference in the premium.

Well in that case check for other companies like Max (I may buy a plan soon from them), Reliance, ICICI or SBI. Medicals may help you stay out of trouble when a claim is made so its better to go for it.

BTW if you are eligible go for 75L with HDFC as there isn't a huge difference in the premium.
I decided to go for HDFC C2P+ but without any bells & whistles. For this, medical is mandatory for SA above 50L so I took one with an SA of 51L.

Tomorrow I am going for medicals.

Just an update: This HDFC guys are damn slow in everything. According to them, they are yet to receive my medicals, even though its already been 2-3 days.

In case of AegonReligare, it did not even take a day!!

Just got a telephonic-confirmation from HDFC Life that the policy has been issued and the cover starts from today.

It will tka 7-12 working days for me to receive the soft copy of the policy and couple of weeks more for the hard-copy.

ankitsr

Hi hackernewbie,

Did you get your policy yet? I am planning to buy either from HDFC or MAX but a bit discouraged by reading bad reviews about HDFC Life at mouthshut. They seem to be very lousy in issuing policy where customers have ended up waiting for months following up for the policy after the payment (the attitude might reflect in claims as well). Even Max LIfe is not far behind them going by reveiws..I'm confused :confused:

tintin63

Guru
Good timing that I came across this thread. I'm also in the process of evaluating term insurances. I too had finalized HDFC click to protect plus for ~75 lakhs. Will probably make the payment sometime this week.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Hi hackernewbie,

Did you get your policy yet? I am planning to buy either from HDFC or MAX but a bit discouraged by reading bad reviews about HDFC Life at mouthshut. They seem to be very lousy in issuing policy where customers have ended up waiting for months following up for the policy after the payment (the attitude might reflect in claims as well). Even Max LIfe is not far behind them going by reveiws..I'm confused :confused:

My application was turned down by Max Life as I did not agree to give some documents. Now they are not responding to your request for refund of my payment :(