Looking for hotels/attractions in Mahabaleshwar and Matheran

rakeshr

Destination Pangong TSO!
We are planning to go at Mahabaleshwar and Matheran at 30th august. Can you please tell me which good economy hotels are there and which are site seeing points there?

Regards

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
What's your budget? BTW I hope you know that both these are in opposite direction from Mumbai. Both places have numerous hotels to suit all kinds of budget.

I haven't visited Matheran but in Mahabaleshwar there is a Lake and a Valley. Just visit 1-2 points of the valley site seeing coz the valley is of "U" shape and they offer 7-10 stops for showing you the same valley :shock:

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Most of the large hotels here offer a package that includes room and all meals. My friend recently stayed at Hotel Rajesh, Mahabaleshwar. Best of the rooms (large suite like) were for about 3.5k.

I too had stayed at the same hotel & in the same room during diwali a couple of years back @ 2800/day with all meals.

I don't know about Matheran but i am sure you can find decent enough hotel in around 2.5-3.5k per day.

Last edited:
Hotel Dreamland is good within Mahabaleshwar. The Grand Legacy Resort at Metgutad (5 Kms from Mahabaleshwar Market) offers beautiful valley viewing cottages and tents.

Verandah resort and Hotel Woodside in Matheran.

Last edited:
What's your budget? BTW I hope you know that both these are in opposite direction from Mumbai. Both places have numerous hotels to suit all kinds of budget.

I haven't visited Matheran but in Mahabaleshwar there is a Lake and a Valley. Just visit 1-2 points of the valley site seeing coz the valley is of "U" shape and they offer 7-10 stops for showing you the same valley :shock:
Exactly. In Mahabaleshwar you notice that when you visit say one location physically you actually cover 5-6 points on paper. For eg when you go to kates point, just walk 100 steps to left and 100 steps to the right side and you cover, elephant head, needle point and so on. Same with Ganesha temple/kings seat/Arthur seat so on.