Looking for travel companion for Spiti valley bike trip

dipnit

We are a couple and starting our bike trip from Manali on 16th September 2017. We will explore Spiti valley and come back to Manali. It will be around 11-12 days adventure. Let me know if anyone wants to join us.

NeerajVayu

I completed this stretch last week , roads are extremely bad, please plan accordingly, too many water crossing that was tough for even scorpio

dipnit

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for your reply.

I am going to complete this circuit: Manali-Jibhi-Sangla-Kalpa-Tabo-Mud-Kaza-Kibber-Chandratal-Manali

I will be starting from Manali on 16th September. I hope BRO and PWD will repair it by then. What do you think?

skysat2005

Super User
I will be starting from Manali on 16th September. I hope BRO and PWD will repair it by then. What do you think?
By September, this route will be in much better conditions. A very few water crossings might be there but nothing to compare with current situation. However the stretch from Losar to Gramphu will remain tough although dry and stabilised.

With off season starting in Sept, hotels will be easily and cheaply available and no mad rush even in manali.

Have a safe ride and enjoy your journey,
Cheers...

racingkid

I am also planning for kaza Spiti motorcycle trip in September, I am in for the trip.
Hoping some more will join. And in due time we shall discuss preparation and itinerary.
Roads of Spiti are mostly doable and are never in super condition. By September roads will be in much better condition than may june season.

dipnit

By September, this route will be in much better conditions. A very few water crossings might be there but nothing to compare with current situation. However the stretch from Losar to Gramphu will remain tough although dry and stabilised.

With off season starting in Sept, hotels will be easily and cheaply available and no mad rush even in manali.

Have a safe ride and enjoy your journey,
Cheers...
thanks skysat, I hope for it.

I have already booked accommodation in Tabo, Mud, Kaza, Kibber. They are around 1k per person including breakfast and dinner. Their TripAdvisor ratings are good. I will search the accommodation on the spot for the other places in my itinerary.

I am also planning to rent a bike from Manali. I should not book in advance and I should take bike when I reach Manali, what do you suggest?

dipnit

I am also planning for kaza Spiti motorcycle trip in September, I am in for the trip.
Hoping some more will join. And in due time we shall discuss preparation and itinerary.
Roads of Spiti are mostly doable and are never in super condition. By September roads will be in much better condition than may june season.
I have fixed the date for my trip, starting from Manali on 16th September. When are you planning in September? How many persons or solo?

racingkid

My dates are not final. I was planning for September solo ride to Spiti/Kaza.

Mid September will be fine.

skysat2005

Super User
I have already booked accommodation in Tabo, Mud, Kaza, Kibber. They are around 1k per person including breakfast and dinner. Their TripAdvisor ratings are good. I will search the accommodation on the spot for the other places in my itinerary.

I am also planning to rent a bike from Manali. I should not book in advance and I should take bike when I reach Manali, what do you suggest?
No need to book advance anywhere in Spiti. Sept is low season and you can get on the spot deals at much better prices.

Ae far as motorcycle, on the spot is the best option. Check it thoroughly, have a test ride and then rent.

dipnit

No need to book advance anywhere in Spiti. Sept is low season and you can get on the spot deals at much better prices.

Ae far as motorcycle, on the spot is the best option. Check it thoroughly, have a test ride and then rent.
I have already booked for some places but I will not book for other places now.

I think the option of renting a bike after testing it thoroughly is good bet.