Lose Weight Club!

KJa

Starting work out tomorrow after a gap of 8 years. Hope I can stick to my plan this time around.

Will post my progress reqularly. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. It has given me that push to start work out again.

Cheers,
Karthik.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Shall try it tomorrow :)

Ideally how many dates should one consume and is 15 minute gap between eating and working out okay ?
30-40gms should be ok. Of course easiest would be to just eat a banana.

I am working out at home and hence can't do some of the exercises like Lateral Pull Downs & Pull Overs.

I am already doing Bicep & Tricep Curls. I do 3-4 sets of 15 reps using a 7-8 kg dumbell (self made).
Watch this

[video=youtube;mgEd_jqkg0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEd_jqkg0M[/video]

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Will make 2 10kg Dumbells & a Barbell with upto 30 kg weights for above exercises plus dead lifts and shoulder press.

Which are the other complex exercises doable at home, that engage lot of muscles and hence burn more calories ?

Is a preworkout snack (Banana / dates) necessary when I do only ab exercises and some pilatus (2-3 sets with upto 10 reps) ?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Dead lifts and squats. These are simple and easy to do, yet burn maximum calories.

Since you are exercising early morning, it is a good idea to eat something before a workout. Though if it is a light workout and you aren't feeling hungry, you can do without it.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Dead lifts and squats. These are simple and easy to do, yet burn maximum calories.

Since you are exercising early morning, it is a good idea to eat something before a workout. Though if it is a light workout and you aren't feeling hungry, you can do without it.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've deviced a workout plan as below...

Sunday & Wednesday - Ab Workout

Varities of AB Crunches, Planks, Dead Lifts & Shoulder Press - 3-4 sets with reps of upto 10

Monday & Thursday - Arms & Shoulder Workout

Varities of Pushups, Tricep Dips, Barbell / Dumb bell Row, Bench Press & some Weight Training with dumb bells & barbells

Tuesday & Friday - Legs Workout

Varities of Pilatus and Treadmill (HIIT type)

Does it sound okay ? Is any alteration needed ?

Edited after YS's suggestion

Last edited:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
At the very least, add bench press (you don’t need a bench, you can do it on floor or on bed, albeit with limited range of movement) and barbell/dumbbell row.

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
10 almonds will be a lot considering the summer this year. If it gives you ulcer, it is warming your body too much. Keep a track. Pre workout is completely optional, try working out on a fasting stomach if that works for you. Have water during the workout, if at all.

Roadhunk

MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI
Well, guys I am trying to to lose weight from the start of this year. I have successfully came down to 88 from 100. Only thing which i excluded from my diet is rice. Self planned weight lose program. Reduced 12 kilos from January till date. My routine is wake up at 6.20 am, complete the daily chorus. Leave for office at 8.30, come back from the office at 7.30. Directly head towards, Dhol, Tasha and Drum practice. Return home at 10.45 pm. doze of at 11.30.
Only time which i get to exercise is during practice sessions. Trying to follow my resolution. Still 18 kg to go.

Can any body please give some tips to reduce thigh and belly fat. Though i am unable to loose my double chin and weight but there lies some visible fat on my body.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Usually spot reduction doesn't work. As your overall fat comes down, so will fat from these regions.

Try incorporating weight training, that will help you look more toned.