Lose Weight Club!

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Ok, I hope you know that reducing fat from one specific spot is not possible.
Have you calculated your daily caloric requirement? You need to be in caloric defect to lose weight/fat.
The diet chart you have prepared doesnt have corresponding calories (protein, carbs, fats). Without that you cannot create a structured diet.
I fully understand that spot reduction is not possible by diet and exercise. I haven't calculated the caloric value but I feel I've replaced majority of fatty / sugary items with protein, fibre & complex sugars.

gkapoor

Super User
Sprouted moong, roti, dal, corn, oats - these all are high in carbs. It would be good to track your proteins, carbohydrates and fats.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Sprouted moong, roti, dal, corn, oats - these all are high in carbs. It would be good to track your proteins, carbohydrates and fats.

Yes but except corn, all are complex carbs which take time to digest and makes you feel fuller.

I am a vegetarian and jain (no potatoes, onions, garlic etc). Do you have any option in mind for the above items ?

gkapoor

Super User
I didnt mean you should replace them. I meant that these are high in carbs so should be taken calculatively.
I all comes down to counting calories and macros. Without that you can never be sure if you are in deficit for weight loss or not. Try following a low carb moderate fat moderate protein diet.

Big Daddy

Super User
Depends on your age. It gets harder with age. Our bodies are designed to die. With age, metabolism decreases and the amount of excercise required to keep weight off is more than the energy levels you have in body. After 50, it gets very difficult.

enya

I can't but agree. Fortunately, I'm above 50, but I've already noticed how changes my body with age, and how more difficult it is to maintain a good shape. I try to follow different diets now and then. I was thinking about trying ketogenic one after reading the https://betterme.wоrld/articles/are-carrots-keto/ article. It got me interested. Nevertheless, move is health. So exercising should be a part of a healthy routine.

Last edited: