Mahindra Xylo, Verito & Nuvosport to be discontinued

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
In the next 12 months, Mahindra and Mahindra would be discontinuing Xylo, Vertio, Verito Vibe and Nuvosport.

This is due to the upcoming BS VI emission norms and upgrading these low selling models to newer emission as well as safety norms would not be economically feasible for the company.

Rest of the M&M product portfolio will be upgraded to new safety norms as well as BS VI emission norms.

sukanta1973

What is the planning of upgrade? is there a minor change? Who will bear the cost of upgrade and How to certify the same? As per my understanding the cars needs to be check by RTO

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
What is the planning of upgrade? is there a minor change? Who will bear the cost of upgrade and How to certify the same? As per my understanding the cars needs to be check by RTO
BS VI will require major changes to the engine. This is why M&M is discontinuing these models and Fiat is closing its Indian operations.

This would only be applicable for the new cars, so as consumers we do not have to worry about it.

sukanta1973

Recently I buy Marazzo which is BV IV fuel norms. If you could please inform that how to upgrade for this car will happen? As a consumer what needs to be done? I believe there are many people who is still buying Diesel cars with BS IV norms

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Recently I buy Marazzo which is BV IV fuel norms. If you could please inform that how to upgrade for this car will happen? As a consumer what needs to be done? I believe there are many people who is still buying Diesel cars with BS IV norms
You do not have to upgrade anything. You can happily drive your car for as many years as the RC allows.

Currently BS IV norms are enforced; hence, only BS IV are offered by manufacturers. Once the BS VI norms come out, only BS VI cars will be available from car manufacturers.