MakeMyTrip jacks up hotel tariff

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
I called Hotel Bhawani International in Katra-Jammu in person for booking a room. The quoted 950. I booked it on MakeMyTrip for 891.

Although MMT was showing it for 762 on first page without login. After logging-in and applying certain discounts + wallet money etc. it finally got booked for 891 rupees.

Now I am checking it, and the same last room is available for 1044 to me. :D
I stayed in this hotel last week, and verified that spot-booking rates are slightly cheaper than MMT (after negotiations) subject to availability of rooms.

skysat2005

Super User
I stayed in this hotel last week, and verified that spot-booking rates are slightly cheaper than MMT (after negotiations) subject to availability of rooms.
The app based bookings are no more lucrative. They show something on main page and something very different on payment page. Infact goibobo no more allows usage of gocash if the room rates are less than Rs.1200-1300 somewhere. Why to have gocash then?

For business travelers, one more issue I recently noticed that the GST input tax credit (ITC) cannot be availed if your organisation GST number is not from the state you are booking the hotel. Strange!
Hence I prefer to book the room directly to avail the full ITC and get better prices.