Mangalore mumbai Bus beuties in 1995-2010

Samraatanil

I still remember those childhood days, when we used ton wait for entire year to get school holiday and to travel by favourite bus. How beautiful buses this era had, especially Sutlej built buses, mostly all bus operator had same models and every year they used to upgrade it, colourful beautiful buses, competing on road, haulting at same place for dinner, we used to admire these beauties.

I am attaching some old pic to refresh those memories,

Anand, Navmi, canara pinto, Vishal, Manjunath, Ideal etc, Navmi was my favourite :)

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

8.PNG

11.PNG

Capture.PNG

Stevee

I still remember those childhood days, when we used ton wait for entire year to get school holiday and to travel by favourite bus. How beautiful buses this era had, especially Sutlej built buses, mostly all bus operator had same models and every year they used to upgrade it, colourful beautiful buses, competing on road, haulting at same place for dinner, we used to admire these beauties.

Anand, Navmi, canara pinto, Vishal, Manjunath, Ideal etc, Navmi was my favourite :)

View attachment 745744

View attachment 745745

View attachment 745746

View attachment 745747

View attachment 745748

View attachment 745749

View attachment 745750

View attachment 745751

View attachment 745752
Vry nice to see these buses. Vry beautiful. Canara pinto n Vishal travels was my favourite.

uturn

Super User
I still remember Mumbai-Mangalore AC Buses might be first venture in India from Ballal (Mangalore) & GPT(Ghatge Patil Transport Kolhapur).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the pics Samraatanil. I was longing to see those pics. What a beauty it was then. Specially the logo plate of Canara Pinto " Praise the Lord" placed near the entrance door made the bus look Royal :) Miss those days.

Hi guys, I'm looking to travel in the second week of December from Mumbai to Chikmagalur by bus. Can anyone please suggest which travels operates or which is the closest place.

uturn

Super User
Hi guys, I'm looking to travel in the second week of December from Mumbai to Chikmagalur by bus. Can anyone please suggest which travels operates or which is the closest place.
Try SRS/VRL /KSRTC Mumbai-Mysore if not direct one then via shivmogga or Kadur whichever convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk