Mangalore Mumbai bus journey experience

f1fan

Private Operators in this route Mangalore-Mumbai, most of them are not existent now as I recollect from my childhood:
Ballal Tourist
Southern Tourist
Ideal Travels
Madhura Travels
CPC
Ganesh Travels
Shankar Vittal
Ghatge Patil Transport
JPT [do not recall full form]
Mahabaleshwara
Manish Travels
Canara Pinto Travels
Vishal Travels
Canara Travels
Sagar Travels
Mangala Travels
VRL
SRS
Kesineni [brief period operated B11R]
Navami Travels
Puttur Mutthu
Anand Travels
Neeta
East West travels is an additional name that I can think about...

pia

East west and Nandana have long been operating from shimoga to mumbai. We were using them during our college days. I do not know there situation now. They were both quite punctual and getting good loads. After the induction of vrl and srs i do not know how the patronage is affected.

Sach23

Vaishnavi travels, Sri Lakshmi Travels and SES Travels. All were Non-Ac buses

I had travelled in Sri Lakhsmi Travels from Mangalore to Mumbai.

Infact I was also to travel in SES Travels from Mumbai to Mangalore but due to some problem in the bus National Travels had provided the spare bus. This was many years back when Honnavara bridge was under repair....old memories:rock:

Sach23

Vaishnavi travels, Sri Lakshmi Travels and SES Travels. All were Non-Ac buses

I had travelled in Sri Lakhsmi Travels from Mangalore to Mumbai.

Infact I was also to travel in SES Travels from Mumbai to Mangalore but due to some problem in the bus National Travels had provided the spare bus. This was many years back when Honnavara bridge was under repair....old memories:rock:
Expect for Vaishnavi travels the other two operators I think were there for a short time

Ronald Aposta

Nice photos...reminded me of my journies earlier with CPT & other non-Ac buses, when Volvos were not there. There were may non-AC services which used to operate earlier on Mumbai - Mangalore route like:

1. Ganesh Travels (Not operating now)
2. Mahableshwara Travels (Not operating now)
3. Canara Nandana (Not operating now)
4. CPC Travels (Not operating now)
5. Ideal Travels (Not operating now on Mumbai- Mangalore, but now on Mangalore - Bangalore route or so)
6. Nandana Travels (Not operating now on Mumbai- Mangalore, but now on Mumbai - Shimoga route or so)
7. Manish Travels (Not operating now on Mumbai- Mangalore, but now on other route)
8. Vaishavi Travels (was there for short time)
9. Sri Lakshmi Travels (was there for short time)

Any other operators you can share if I have missed them..
Canara Travels, Ghatge Patil, Jaykumar Patil, Prasanna Travels, are few others who are not operating on Mangalore-Mumbai route anymore. Additionally, there was Mehboob travels that used to do Ernakulam - Mumbai and Kasargod - Mumbai, both via Mangalore that have stopped operating about 15 yrs back.

-
Does anyone have any Pictures of the old buses i believe during the early and late 80's. It will be a refreshing moments when we as kids used to travel in Ideal Travels. I think it was one of the best travels i used to hear as a kid. Always wanted to go by that bus :)

Ronald Aposta

In fact, Canara Pinto has been sold off to Nityadar Travels around October 2013. Nityadar travels is operating in the same name to leverage the brand name of CPT which brings trust and quality with it. Good to see NItyadar expanding the number of services by Volvo Multiaxle between Mumbai and Mangalore with the introduction of a new pair couple of months back. But at the same time, they have done away with the other AC Sleepers that they were having.

Nityadar also has bought out Sagar travels which mainly operates Non AC buses between Mangalore and Mumbai.

So as I can interpret by my observation, Nityadar may position CPT as premium services brand using Volvo Multis and have Sagar travels run the other type of buses between Mangalore and Mumbai. I dont see them expanding to places like Indore, etc. anytime even in the distant future. They will have base as Mangalore and all services will have one end of the origin point in Mangalore even if they expand to say Belgaum/Bangalore, etc. later on.

- - - Updated - - -

Canara Travels, Ghatge Patil, Jaykumar Patil, Prasanna Travels, are few others who are not operating on Mangalore-Mumbai route anymore. Additionally, there was Mehboob travels that used to do Ernakulam - Mumbai and Kasargod - Mumbai, both via Mangalore that have stopped operating about 15 yrs back.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, earlier on, CPT had got into a joint venture with Neeta. I dont have details on why they went into such partnership in the first place and the reason they called it off later on.

However, the Neeta-CPT Volvo B9Rs were taken over by Neeta and they used the same pair of buses on Mumbai Mangalore route for quiet some time. CPT immediately bought a pair of new B9Rs that are the red colored beasts that we still see.

Personally, doubt if they will launch Volvos with Sagar brand since they just introduced a new pair of B9R with CPT name itself

Does anyone have any Pictures of the old buses i believe during the early and late 80's. It will be a refreshing moments when we as kids used to travel in Ideal Travels. I think it was one of the best travels i used to hear as a kid. Always wanted to go by that bus :)

Ronald Aposta

Private Operators in this route Mangalore-Mumbai, most of them are not existent now as I recollect from my childhood:
Ballal Tourist
Southern Tourist
Ideal Travels
Madhura Travels
CPC
Ganesh Travels
Shankar Vittal
Ghatge Patil Transport
JPT [do not recall full form]
Mahabaleshwara
Manish Travels
Canara Pinto Travels
Vishal Travels
Canara Travels
Sagar Travels
Mangala Travels
VRL
SRS
Kesineni [brief period operated B11R]
Navami Travels
Puttur Mutthu
Anand Travels
Neeta

Does anyone have old pics of these buses during those times??

Ronald Aposta

Hi All,
I will be travelling mostly to Karkala Mlore during the next week with Anand travels non A/c bus. Will try to capture as much pics of my journey and the bus. :):rock::partyman::supz: