Mangalore Mumbai bus journey experience

Discussion in 'Buses and Taxis in India' started by r rayaru, Jun 26, 2014.

1. deepam

deepam Super User

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. puneeth.p

puneeth.p Active Member

3. deepam

deepam Super User

=======
    Please see my edited post.

puneeth.p likes this.
  4. puneeth.p

puneeth.p Active Member

Do u think if in near future if GPT will start service to blore n mlore

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

5. deepam

deepam Super User

++++++++++++
    I doubt with VRL and SRS already in the market, GPT entering Mumbai - Mangalore and Mumbai - Bangalore sector.
    In absence of VRL or SRS, GPT did had good name in Mumbai - Mangalore Sector.

6. Vista.Dweller

Vista.Dweller Member

BLUELINES. You said it .....Ah!

I had travelled quite few times during 1999-2000 using Bluelines on Belgaum Bangalore route. During their hey days I always experienced very punctual service and excellent service. It would depart Belgaum (1st Railway gate) sharply at 7:20 p. m and reach my destination Yeshwantpur sharp at 5:30 a.m. Besides, passengers were also complementarily gifted with a BL branded carrybag and waterbottle. Cool in those days.

However their service deteriorated during 2001 and they eventually packed up. Probably, Sait Co., which gained immense popularity on this route, was one of the cause.

7. puneeth.p

puneeth.p Active Member

I have travelled in this bus.. awesome journey
    They still have their office located in jayanagar 7th block :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

8. rastafari18

rastafari18 New Member

Ah this reminds me of my college days. I used to ride Anand from Manipal to Mumbai. Brings back a lot of memories.

uturn likes this.
  9. deepam

deepam Super User

My fastest travel between Udupi to Pune was by Manish Travels.
    Udupi Departure 5:30 PM and Katraj Pune 8 AM including Breakfast break at Satara for 30 - 40 mins.

My friend traveled in Manish Travels with record timings on erstwhile NH4 2 lane road.
    Mumbai Sion Departure 11 AM
    Udupi Arrival 2 AM.

sna2295, Sandeep Shetty and uturn like this.
  10. Sandeep Shetty

Sandeep Shetty New Member

Manish Travels ACGL hi tech coaches they used to say ertswhile & In fact I had an opportunity to meet the owner once I was travelling from Manish travels brand new bus somewhere in 1997. One thing which always attracted to me in Manish travels was their registration number which always used to be in total 9. Some of which I remember are KA 19 A 1611/1161/1116/6111/1251/1521/2115/2511/5112/5211. The day we got to meet the owner Mr Manish near their Navi Mumbai office was because the new brand bus we were travelling was banged from behind by a truck while waiting in Sion signal. Though the rear glass & some dicky portion was shattered they somehow wrapped the Rear portion in tarpaulin & we continued our journey towards Mangalore & all this was done in front of owner who was very upset because this brand new bus was supposed to be used for their family outing & one more thing I noticed was this particular bus regustration number was 3574 & total was 19 & the paint scheme was also different combination of Green & cream colour as normally their bus used to have greyish black color with Two names in front wind shield (Nehal/Dhara/Sunny/Guddu) & Raj purohit written in rear windshield.
    Canara Pinto Sutlej.JPG Manish Travels.JPG Navami Ruby Coach.JPG Sharma Sutlej (2).JPG Ghatge Patel Sutlej S335.JPG Vaishnavi Travels.jpg Karavali Travels Corpn.JPG Bluelines Sutlej.JPG

Photo credit goes to respective photographers who have painstakingly preserved & uploaded the images in web for bus fans like us.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    uturn, sna2295 and RUFUS like this.