Mangalore Mumbai bus journey experience

Discussion in 'Buses and Taxis in India' started by r rayaru, Jun 26, 2014.

1. deepam

deepam Super User

==============
    LOVELY.... Edit the photos as as full image.

2. uturn

uturn Super User

Ghatge -patil & Ballal was previously used different coaches where A.C.units was under last seats ie was first ever Air conditioner coaches only on Mumbai -Mangalore route addition to this they use to operate Mumbai -Kolhapur & Mumbai -Sangli -Ichalkarnji routes.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Sandeep Shetty and RUFUS like this.
  3. Kapil Rajak

Kapil Rajak Dreams of Ladakh

Nice travelogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uturn likes this.
  4. Sandeep Shetty

Sandeep Shetty New Member

In Late Nineties /Early 2000 Ghatge Patil used to operate Mangalore Mumbai & it was a White Color Sutlej coach which used to Terminate in Borivali West Near Chamunda Circle & was Parked in front of Jain Temple which is a One way. Daily while travelling back from College I used to see these Buses as Borivali west Gokul Hotel was Starting point for most of the Mangalore Bound Buses, while Vishal travels used to start from Dahisar Phatak where they had a Office & Mangala travels, Canara travels, Nandana where parked near Deepa Hotel opp Dahisar Stn west.

uturn likes this.
  5. Sandeep Shetty

The Images itself are thumbnails & expanding full size spoils the resolution

6. deepam

deepam Super User

Currently only following are operating Mangalore - Mumbai:
    1. CPT
    2. Anand
    3. SRS
    4. VRL
    5. Reshma [Non AC Sleeper / seater]
    6. Sugama Tourist [Non AC Sleeper]

So following have vanished which used to ply a year or two back:
    1. Sagar
    2. Mangala
    3. Canara

uturn likes this.
  7. Sandeep Shetty

Sagar & Nityadar Is Merged with Canara Pinto & operates as a single entity now & Canara travels now operates only in season. Sheetal Travels has Introduced some new buses & Old ones are used in the name of Mercy Travels & Mookambika Travels(Maybe Joint Venture) with same Liveries of Sheetal. I have seen Sheetal travels buses parked in Udupi near Karavali by pass behind Bombay bazaar.

uturn likes this.
  8. Roshni

Roshni Member

Nice reviews shared!

9. Ashik Awate

Ashik Awate Member

Hello everyone, I have missed the bus fanning sessions especially Mumbai - Mangalore buses. I had gone to Thailand for my honeymoon. We traveled from Bangkok to Krabi and then Krabi - Phuket and Krabi - Bangkok via bus as planes were not convenient. I have shared some of the pics of the buses we traveled in.

Bangkok bus stand our BKK-Krabi bus below being docked with refreshments and luggage. There are private as well as govt operated buses. Mostly double deckers and you can choose from a line of bus operators as per your price. The bus had a toilet and TV's. We were suprised when offered with snacks and other refreshments along with the usual blanket and water bottle. Really nice service. But then again depends on operator to operator. These buses have a digital clock and digital speedometer on the upper deck as well just FYI.
    IMAG0901.jpg IMAG0902.jpg IMAG0903.jpg
    IMAG0906.jpg IMAG0907.jpg

The dinner Halt. As you can see the colourful buses. Unfortunately couldn't click good pictures as in a foreign country so don't know how much time I have and had to order food where I don't understand the food. :D
    IMAG0911.jpg
    Krabi- Phuket bus just a 2 hour journey hence normal buses AC though. IMAG1411.jpg
    Another beauty at Krabi bus stand
    IMAG1410.jpg
    IMAG1419.jpg

Our last bus Phuket- Bangkok. Although similar to our first bus, it didn't provide the same service as the first one. Like i said operator to operator.
    IMAG1734.jpg IMAG1735.jpg IMAG1736.jpg IMAG1738.jpg

I hope to see more Mumbai Mangalore bus reviews. Thanks a lot

uturn likes this.
  10. Ashik Awate

Ashik Awate Member

Hey I just thought of something. Since this is Mumbai Mangalore bus group. How about we plan a trip from Mumbai to mangalore on different buses to sort of get different reviews and experience and enjoy as well.